"Fallen" - a short film in the vein of "The Dark Knight"

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Greetings everyone. My name is Dan and I've done a superhero short film entitled Fallen that was made in the vein of Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I'm a big fan of Christopher Nolan and his exceptional take on The Dark Knight and as a big superhero and comic-book fanatic I decided to direct a short film based on those influences.

Here's the poster for the film:

I just did an interview with Batman-News.Com about the film, which you can see here. In the interview, I talk about the story and how I came about to make the film. We shot in several of the same locations Nolan and his team shot The Dark Knight and we can utilized some of the same crew members who had worked as production assistants on the film.

I've embedded below a short 30 second trailer for the film- it will debut online July 15th, 2011 for everyone to see. Thanks for your time and I hope you guys enjoy what you see.

wow. Looks awesome, and congratulations. I will check it out if I can find it for sure. :clap:

So inspiring, the short looks great, will definitely checks it out
I posted a comment on Youtube, please respond.
And the poster is awesome too !

The poster looks 10x better then the footage you showed us...

CrazyEight wrote:The poster looks 10x better then the footage you showed us...
No.
That footage looks better than anything you've shown to us.

No.
That footage looks better than anything you've shown to us.
What an irrelevant comment. I never compared anything I've done to his film.

deleted
Last edited by Johnson_808 on October 18th, 2015, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnson_808 , As Bat-Dan's post said it's going to be released in July 2011 so he's probably touching up on the lighting, sound, fx etc.

According to his Vimeo profile this will be his second short, his first was "Wake".

Looks interesting and I too will be watching it in July.

CrazyEight wrote:The poster looks 10x better then the footage you showed us...
And this comment isn't irrelevant at all.

And this comment isn't irrelevant at all.
It's entirely relevant. In my opinion the poster IS 10x better then the footage he showed us. The footage looks like a complete thematic rip off of every Nolan film, the story reeks of The Dark Knight, the acting looks stale, the shutter rate is way to high and the cinematography is weak. A lot of those issues may be native to the trailer and not represent the actual product. I won't judge it until I see the actual film. The poster on the other hand is incredible. It looks professional and cinematic.

Either learn what the word "relevant" means or accept that because you disagree with someone doesn't render a comment irrelevant. Your comment on the other hand has no relevance to Dan's film and is a random attack spawned from your personal issues with me.