"Fallen" - a short film in the vein of "The Dark Knight"

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

CrazyEight wrote:
And this comment isn't irrelevant at all.
It's entirely relevant. In my opinion the poster IS 10x better then the footage he showed us. The footage looks like a complete thematic rip off of every Nolan film, the story reeks of The Dark Knight, the acting looks stale, the shutter rate is way to high and the cinematography is weak. A lot of those issues may be native to the trailer and not represent the actual product. I won't judge it until I see the actual film. The poster on the other hand is incredible. It looks professional and cinematic.

Either learn what the word "relevant" means or accept that because you disagree with someone doesn't render a comment irrelevant. Your comment on the other hand has no relevance to Dan's film and is a random attack spawned from your personal issues with me.
Its a trailer! Both of you stop making a big deal about it. Say it once and thats it. Geez.

Anyways Poster looks sweet :)

CrazyEight wrote:
It's entirely relevant. In my opinion the poster IS 10x better then the footage he showed us. The footage looks like a complete thematic rip off of every Nolan film, the story reeks of The Dark Knight, the acting looks stale, the shutter rate is way to high and the cinematography is weak. A lot of those issues may be native to the trailer and not represent the actual product. I won't judge it until I see the actual film. The poster on the other hand is incredible. It looks professional and cinematic.

Either learn what the word "relevant" means or accept that because you disagree with someone doesn't render a comment irrelevant. Your comment on the other hand has no relevance to Dan's film and is a random attack spawned from your personal issues with me.
Why is it so hard for you to accept that some things are good?
And yes, I thought your comment was irrelevant. Does it matter if the poster is better than the footage? I don't think so. The footage is good. Maybe it isn't perfect, but it's good.

deleted
Last edited by Johnson_808 on October 18th, 2015, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Why is it so hard for you to accept that some things are good?
Um, subjectivity buddy. Film or any type of art form are either good or bad based on the person who is viewing said films opinions. A movie being good is never a fact, it's always an opinion. I'm shocked you don't know this. :lol:

CrazyEight wrote:
No.
That footage looks better than anything you've shown to us.
What an irrelevant comment. I never compared anything I've done to his film.
But i totally agree with him.Strange isn't it?.

CrazyEight wrote:The poster looks 10x better then the footage you showed us...
The thing is, your comments on this are tactless and come off as smug. I didn't think the footage was great, but the way you phrase it... you sound like a jerk.

You know, you made a big deal in a thread a while back about how "making it" was more contingent on relationships and connections than anything else. I'd keep that in mind, even on the Internet.

And you dont torch stuff unless you want your own stuff torched. Just my opinion.

Kyle Higgins wrote:
CrazyEight wrote:The poster looks 10x better then the footage you showed us...
The thing is, your comments on this are tactless and come off as smug. I didn't think the footage was great, but the way you phrase it... you sound like a jerk.

You know, you made a big deal in a thread a while back about how "making it" was more contingent on relationships and connections than anything else. I'd keep that in mind, even on the Internet.

And you dont torch stuff unless you want your own stuff torched. Just my opinion.
yeah, and honestly, he hasn't even seen the movie yet. If there's improper color grading, who the hell gives a fuck if the movie is the next godfather? It shouldn't matter.

He's really strange he ripps of all what Tarantino is making .a totally non original filmmaker.

(Talking about CrazyEight here)

Guys, just cut it.

CrazyEight, you were an ass by making your comment. You could have explained your very same opinion in a nicer way. "I didn't like the trailer, but the poster looks cool!" or something.
All the others, you were asses too by crushing CrazyEight here. Someone already told him he was out of line with his comment, you guys are all turning against him. It's one against the rest of the forum. Why can't you just say that you disagree with him and move on to your own opinion of the trailer?
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Your absolutely right. It did come off as smug, although that was not my intention.
Except this thread has nothing to do with what I've made. It has everything to do with the footage Dan presented to us.
yeah, and honestly, he hasn't even seen the movie yet. If there's improper color grading, who the hell gives a fuck if the movie is the next godfather? It shouldn't matter.
Read several comments up. I clearly stated that this is my opinion on the trailer not the movie. I'll even quote myself: "A lot of those issues may be native to the trailer and not represent the actual product. I won't judge it until I see the actual film."
He's really strange he ripps of all what Tarantino is making .a totally non original filmmaker.
Again, no relevance to this thread as I never compared my work to Dan's and I never even made a comment that could be misconstrued to the conclusion that I was comparing my work to his. And I have no idea what your referring to. I made a shitty little movie a year ago that is similar to Tarantino's style but hardly a rip off. In fact it's closer to Guy Ritchie then Tarantino. Don't even get me started on your movies since you want to go there...
CrazyEight, you were an ass by making your comment. You could have explained your very same opinion in a nicer way. "I didn't like the trailer, but the poster looks cool!" or something.
True, very true. The contrarian in me came on a little hard.
All the others, you were asses too by crushing CrazyEight here. Someone already told him he was out of line with his comment, you guys are all turning against him. It's one against the rest of the forum. Why can't you just say that you disagree with him and move on to your own opinion of the trailer?
Thank you.

I will close my retort by explaining something to this forum that the majority of you are apparently not capable of comprehending. Look at my original comment. In anyway did I mention anything I've made? Did I say "This is shit, my stuffs better"? No. I made a comment that could be taken as rude about how much better the poster is then the footage. Apparently to one particular member that was a sin against mankind because he disagreed with me and I'm not capable of accepting something that is, in his opinion, good. Since that comment I listed why I liked the poster but didn't like the footage. If you disagree with me, fine. But to insult my work for absolutely no damn reason aside from attempting to get some emotional rise from me is petty and immature. My opinions on the footage Dan provided have absolutely nothing to do with what I've made in past and I will not not voice my opinion simply because I "haven't shared anything better." By that same logic then 99.9% of the people on this forum have no right to voice negative opinions or criticism about any Hollywood film that has been released in the last 60 years.