"Fallen" - a short film in the vein of "The Dark Knight"

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Oh, by the way, quick question. How much did it cost to close that street in Chicago to film there and who did you ask? Just curious. :D

We worked with the Chicago Film Office and received permits to close down portions of LaSalle Street.

Bat-Dan wrote:We worked with the Chicago Film Office and received permits to close down portions of LaSalle Street.
Ahh, OK. Thanks! :thumbup:

I feel bad for posting this, but I thought I would try anyway. As some of you may know, I have been trying to get my short film Fallen completed for the better part of three years, but to no avail. At several points I even considered abandoning the film, but I am attempting one last ditch effort in order to successfully finish the film.

Over at IndieGoGo, a website dedicated to funding independent films, I have started a fundraising campaign to secure completion funds for Fallen. This is where I basically grovel for any sort of donation you guys can manage. I'm not used to this, but I'm extremely determined to finish this film, and I am trying everything that I can.

I really appreciate everyone who has patiently listened to me especially over the past year constantly plug and push the film. I also really appreciate anything and everything you guys could do to help Fallen. If not directly donate yourself, but perhaps send the link to a friend. Thanks a bunch!

Bat-Dan wrote:I feel bad for posting this, but I thought I would try anyway. As some of you may know, I have been trying to get my short film Fallen completed for the better part of three years, but to no avail. At several points I even considered abandoning the film, but I am attempting one last ditch effort in order to successfully finish the film.

Over at IndieGoGo, a website dedicated to funding independent films, I have started a fundraising campaign to secure completion funds for Fallen. This is where I basically grovel for any sort of donation you guys can manage. I'm not used to this, but I'm extremely determined to finish this film, and I am trying everything that I can.

I really appreciate everyone who has patiently listened to me especially over the past year constantly plug and push the film. I also really appreciate anything and everything you guys could do to help Fallen. If not directly donate yourself, but perhaps send the link to a friend. Thanks a bunch!
Damn. I'm sorry. Right now I don't even care if the the film will be good, I just want you to finish it. Sadly though there's no way for me to do that, don't have a card and I don't like them, but I want to turn the attention of the other forum users to this. Don't stop posting about it, here or elsewhere.

prince0gotham wrote: Damn. I'm sorry. Right now I don't even care if the the film will be good, I just want you to finish it. Sadly though there's no way for me to do that, don't have a card and I don't like them, but I want to turn the attention of the other forum users to this. Don't stop posting about it, here or elsewhere.
I appreciate the kind words, prince0gotham. If you can't make a donation, you can help by sharing the link with your friends, family, even sworn enemies! Post it on Facebook, Twitter, heck, even MySpace if you still have one. Any way that you can spread the link to anyone you know is hugely appreciated.

Also, the amazing and extraordinarily talented themanbatman11 has edited a brand-new trailer for Fallen which is embedded below. Check it out!

I'll try informing people about it. Sad that no one here says anything.

It looks very good - can't wait to see it! What was the budget for this?

prince0gotham wrote:I'll try informing people about it. Sad that no one here says anything.
Yeah, it's nothing personal to Dan, but when a person posts a trailer and a trailer and some new news and a poster, people stop looking. They want to see the real movie. Although Dan has a serious cause why the movie has not been finished yet.

Too bad you're over budget. I hope you will manage to get new funds soon! The new trailer looks good, so it would be a shame if you wouldn't get to finish it.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

This looks like a pretty insane undertaking for a short film. I know a guy who spent roughly $15,000 on a feature film and it was filmed entirely in his back yard (single location) with a cast of 8. And it looks no where near as big as this movie does.

I like that your lead actor though kinda looks like Nathan Fillion.