My movie plans

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

I am writing a fan script of Soul of Gotham (Batman 3) But that is not the only movie I'm writing. There are several other movies I am writing. And when I say several I say several.

-Redemption - Luke, a young man, who is tired of living in a city full of crime he joins the JPD (Junior Police Department) A division who kills the criminals instead of putting them in jail. The JPD takes him to Russia to kill the criminals there but after he realizes that the people that he was killing were innocent he realizes he was on the wrong side. After discovering the truth about the JPD. He sets of to chase the leader but after Luke swore not to take a life it won't be easy

-I Spy - Rick Jointer, after being abused by his father, graduates from high school and sets off to start a new life in Cleveland. He joins the International Spy Academy and is given his first mission. He later discovers that his target was his high school bully and his father. He later discovers the truth about his dead loving mother.

-Ninja: Legend - Bobby Kent has serious questions about his life. After he realizes that he's a target a man from the past (3056 bBC) protects him. He later tells Kent that he has been reincarnated and that he was the protector of an extinct island called Bantuka. After he realizes this he sets of tho stop The Black Wizard from taking the world hostage.

-Ninja: Evolution - Kent might have learned that he is reincarnated but he ain't out of the woods yet. His protector has kept a secret from him. That he has a monster inside him that cannot be controlled called The Serpent. The monster is at his powerful once a year. As Kent tries to destroy these beast when that day is a few weeks away some assassins realizes their chance to kill him.

-Ninja: Supremacy - When Kent finally destroyed the beast an ancient army arrises to raise The Black Wizard from the dead and finish what he started.

Short Films:

Nasty Break-Up - Well isn't it obvious?

Little Pest - A man who has a pest problem.

I am not really getting excited by your outlines. They are a bit predictable and no not really contain anything new, something I haven't seen before. Right now, I would really advise you to write your short films.
I have started writing about a year ago, and I am still writing a lot of short films which I put online so people can give their opinions about it and help me with their feedback.

I remember you where saying that you're 13. I'd say, start writing short films, let us give feedback on them, maybe even produce those films and get some more experience. You don't need 5 feature movies by the age of 13. What you have to do is make sure that the first 'dan96'-feature movie is awesome! So get more experience in short films before the real job!

Right now, I am about to produce a short film myself. We're gonna film this summer. It's a thriller, about a girl who finds a gun and the message that she has to shoot a friend with it. She has to choose between the lives of her parrents or murder her friend.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:I am not really getting excited by your outlines. They are a bit predictable and no not really contain anything new, something I haven't seen before.
Hey at least my plans for Ninja had a HUGE change. Originally he was supposed to be a 14 year-old teen in a black costume and a cape with other gadgets. The first script I made for Ninja was when I was 8 years old and it lasted 4 pages long and I thought it was a feature film. Later I changed it to another type of costume but really didn't make a difference. Then it was a super hero with a bunch of armor but it ended up WAY to similar to Batman. So I changed it to that with some ideas I had for a movie called "Protectors of Bantuka" and when I was ten years old I had a whole mess of movies I was planning to write. There were at least like 17 feature films, no joke. Then I decided to reduce my stress to just combine them in one film (They were all super hero films by the way) But I got stuck in page 40 and when I read it over I went to fast to the scenes. It was lame and I had almost no original ideas. So I cancelled it.
Erik wrote:I'd say, start writing short films, let us give feedback on them, maybe even produce those films and get some more experience.
I think you're right. I mean I'm running out of good ideas and I'm getting stressed on making it great. So I'll just focus on finishing the shorts. Thanks for the advice though

If you're serious about writing something that's going to get made, I highly recommend reading "Screenplay" and the companion "The Screenwriter's Workshop," both by Syd Field. Also, try "Save the Cat." You can find all these books very easily at your local bookstore, online, or at the library. I won't sit here and tell you why they're important; you can read the descriptions for yourself. Suffice it to say they teach industry standards you'll need to know in addition to helping you hone your ideas into a manageable structure that an audience will respond to.

These books have been immensely helpful in my budding career, and I can recommend them with complete confidence that they will help further your endeavors as well. Enjoy.

That "Redemption" one could be interesting if there were interesting reasons behind those killings of innocents. "Why" the things are happening is more important than "what" is happening.

han4bond wrote:If you're serious about writing something that's going to get made, I highly recommend reading "Screenplay" and the companion "The Screenwriter's Workshop," both by Syd Field. Also, try "Save the Cat." You can find all these books very easily at your local bookstore, online, or at the library. I won't sit here and tell you why they're important; you can read the descriptions for yourself. Suffice it to say they teach industry standards you'll need to know in addition to helping you hone your ideas into a manageable structure that an audience will respond to.

These books have been immensely helpful in my budding career, and I can recommend them with complete confidence that they will help further your endeavors as well. Enjoy.
What I have is Filmmaking For Teens Pulling Of Your Shorts.

I will be honest with you. I want to make a comedy series here in Hungary... nobody knows about that but my close friends, but I want it so hard! :D

I'm 18 years old know, and I'm just graduating so I'm a nobody :D But I have an idea about a comedy series, that - I think - is just awesome. Or at least I hope it's awesome :D And my goal is to bring this series to life. I don't know if this is a realistic wish, but I will do everything I can to make it happen.

dagn96 wrote:
han4bond wrote:If you're serious about writing something that's going to get made, I highly recommend reading "Screenplay" and the companion "The Screenwriter's Workshop," both by Syd Field. Also, try "Save the Cat." You can find all these books very easily at your local bookstore, online, or at the library. I won't sit here and tell you why they're important; you can read the descriptions for yourself. Suffice it to say they teach industry standards you'll need to know in addition to helping you hone your ideas into a manageable structure that an audience will respond to.

What I have is Filmmaking For Teens Pulling Of Your Shorts.
Your book looks like a decent place to start when it comes to making short films, but it won't do you much good for writing features. You're much better off researching what professional screenwriters are doing, regardless of your age or background.

However, I think you're doing the right thing by focusing on finishing your shorts first. That's a valuable learning experience that no book can teach.

Here's the new plans of shorts

1. Little Pest
When a boy’s mother goes out, his son tries to stop a pest.

2. The Spy Beneath the Man
A group of teenagers create a spying portable machine and they use it against the person they hate.

3. Nasty Break-Up
On dinner with his girlfriend after an eating contest result in a nasty surprise.

4. Writers Block
After a young man’s dream to write his first film he gets all kinds of interrupting and writers block.

5. Brainwashed
A man takes advantage of a brainwashing tool to make another man obey his commands. But, how far will he go?

I'm not gonna judge your idea's, if you work them out into a screenplay, you can go many ways with each of your idea's, so giving an opinion would be either very difficult, or a large chance that I misunderstood.

I'd say, write screenplays, post them here and then I'll give my opinion!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.