The Path - A short film by Alberto Niculae

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

The thread title sounds so pretentious lol

Anyway, I created it so I'd post updates and stuff (if anyone's interested), until it comes out.
If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

This is probably gonna suck, though.

Already better than Attic confirmed.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:Already better than Attic confirmed.
Nothing is better than Attic...
Maybe The Chip.

Terrible first day of shooting. Bad weather, tired actors, stupid director (myself). Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. Also, poster tomorrow.

Alberto wrote:Terrible first day of shooting. Bad weather, tired actors, stupid director (myself). Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. Also, poster tomorrow.
always research the weather averages of year, and also sunrise/sunset times, daylight hours. Especially when shooting outside.

Z. Cobb wrote:
Alberto wrote:Terrible first day of shooting. Bad weather, tired actors, stupid director (myself). Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. Also, poster tomorrow.
always research the weather averages of year, and also sunrise/sunset times, daylight hours. Especially when shooting outside.
I've been checking the weather for the past two weeks. And the weather wasn't really that bad but it was windy at times, and we couldn't get proper audio.
And although today was sort of a disaster, I don't really mind it. It was good exercise for me and I learned a lot.

:?

You know I love you Alberto so when I tell you to drop language like "it's probably going to suck", i just want the best for you. Attack this film like it's citizen fucking kane.

Sandy wrote:You know I love you Alberto so when I tell you to drop language like "it's probably going to suck", i just want the best for you. Attack this film like it's citizen fucking kane.
Yeah, problem is, I'm really pretentious and we couldn't do many of the things I wanted for this and that left me a bit sad. Anyway, we almost finished shooting. We have two shots left on Friday and that's it. After that, about a month and something of post-production. I hope it's at least decent. And I'm a bit worried about the sound, because my actors have a sort of Romanian accent and I'm not sure everyone will understand them. I hope they will, but I can't judge properly because I wrote those lines and I implicitly understand them.
But, I consider this good practice and I hope I'll get better in time.

Also, I can post some pics from the shooting, if anyone would like to see some.

I've always been pretty much against English speech in non-English movies (apart from characters that are English or something). I'm curious to see how this works out for you, but I think that if you're working with Romanian actors, you should let them speak in Roman(?) and just subtitle it to English.

I make my short films in Dutch. Danny's Dream will get subtitled. :P