HBO Miniseries Pitch

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

I have a six part (6 hour) miniseries in mind about 1950's McCarthyism in Hollywood called either Blacklist or Hollywood Reds. It's got Tarantino-esque natural dialogue, with Sorkinian style revelations. I have a three page opening treatment so far if anyone wants to read it. I am hoping to pitch this to HBO, but I don't know how I can contact their execs. For now, I'd just like someone to read it.

FreakLikeMe wrote:I have a six part (6 hour) miniseries in mind about 1950's McCarthyism in Hollywood called either Blacklist or Hollywood Reds. It's got Tarantino-esque natural dialogue, with Sorkinian style revelations. I have a three page opening treatment so far if anyone wants to read it. I am hoping to pitch this to HBO, but I don't know how I can contact their execs. For now, I'd just like someone to read it.
Memememememe

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
FreakLikeMe wrote:I have a six part (6 hour) miniseries in mind about 1950's McCarthyism in Hollywood called either Blacklist or Hollywood Reds. It's got Tarantino-esque natural dialogue, with Sorkinian style revelations. I have a three page opening treatment so far if anyone wants to read it. I am hoping to pitch this to HBO, but I don't know how I can contact their execs. For now, I'd just like someone to read it.
Memememememe
Meme Meme Meme

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Memememememe
Could you please start using normal phrases? Appreciated.

Both Hollywood and TV networks are pretty much closed circuits. Executives won't listen to you if you say you have something you'd like to pitch. They need to be recommended by someone they do know or represents quality. Best way to start is to find an agent. Convince an agent that you have the golden idea and let the reactions flow from there.
This brings up a new problem; how to find an agent?
Agents are common in Hollywood, finding and contacting one should be easy, but the best way is to get an agent to you. Film festivals are frequently visited by agents, if you produce a good short film, they might step to you about becoming your agent.
Anyway, before suggesting/pitching your idea, make sure it is registered at WGA or something. People in Hollywood won't read anything that is not registered at WGA to avoid copyright problems.

I PMed those of you that said "mememe" and thanks for the info Erik! I talked to Liron a few days back and she said it's not too much of an expense to register scripts with the WGA so I think I'll try that.

Would love to take a look! And Erik has great advice.

I would love to take a look too. PM me if you're still interested in people reading it.

I'd be interested in having a read as well! :thumbup: