Scenes from a Memory

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Hi,

For a school project, I had to make an experimental movie. So i decided to create a dream sequence. The short movie is about 2min. long but it took me a lot of time to make it.

It's about a boy who falls into sleep and dreams peacefully about the beauty among us in this world but after a while, beauty has to make place for darker,nightmarish sequences.

Hope you'll enjoy !

Link : https://vimeo.com/56515744

Wow, nicely done.
But those nightmare-ish sequences were creepy as hell IMO. But :thumbup: Keep on working. ;)

JayPee wrote:Wow, nicely done.
But those nightmare-ish sequences were creepy as hell IMO. But :thumbup: Keep on working. ;)
Thanks ! I'm glad you liked it ;)

Amazing cinematography, I love your short movie a lot :) It's visually grabbing, it reminded of some House MD episodes, where you have a super-sharp and detailed image that grabs you from the beginning. great work :)

what process did you use for setting up the camera and color correction later on to get this look? And what camera did you use?

Shaman wrote:Amazing cinematography, I love your short movie a lot :) It's visually grabbing, it reminded of some House MD episodes, where you have a super-sharp and detailed image that grabs you from the beginning. great work :)

what process did you use for setting up the camera and color correction later on to get this look? And what camera did you use?
Well, I used a Sony HDR-XR550VE handycam and I was shocked about the quality of the images, didn't thought it would turn out that well. For the editing, I used FCPX and I've experimented a little with the colors (balance color, match color with the colors of an other shot, etc.). It was quite a search, but I'm happy with the end result :)

I'm very glad you liked it and thanks for your comment ! :-D

Good work.
You could've made dream gradually turning into nightmare instead of sudden flip.
Just my two cents. :D
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:Good work.
You could've made dream gradually turning into nightmare instead of sudden flip.
Just my two cents. :D
Thanks ! :) I've edited this movie on the atmosphere of the music. I think the music also becomes more 'chaotic' in a sudden flip and I was highly influenced by this. That's maybe the reason why it suddenly becomes a nightmare.

P.S : I'm Belgian so it's hard for me to explain this all in English so if there's something unclear, it's just my unability to express myself in this language, sorry !

Thanks for the comment Pratham !