What are you working on?

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Just finished the fourth draft for a 20 minute short about a young man trying to deal with two issues - the rampant violent crime in his neighbourhood and dealing with the death of his brother. Should hopefully go into pre-production soon, and production during the Christmas/New Year break if everything goes according to plan. It's called "Unavowed"

Also developing a feature film, inspired by Following. Similar concept, taking it a slightly different direction. Not planning on it being a huge directorial debut thing, more like my film school. It's about a lazy, unemployed, and frankly pathetic young man who claims to be an "aspiring screenwriter" and who wastes away his time. He runs head-on into the world of organised crime and is caught between a beautiful, clever woman and a mob boss with a God complex. The working title is "Breach"

The stuff you've all mentioned seem very interesting. Shaz - I seriously admire your ability to continuously work on short films. I've disappointed myself this year by not having the chance to make a film, transitioning into university and then full-time work through an internship. Hard to mix filmmaking in with all that.

Looking forward to keeping posted with all your projects! :-D

Took the advice and have been writing everything down, either physically or mentally, and the drive is still there. In a different form, but still there. All the main characters have names now, currently writing up character profiles, etc. Will continue post later, just leaving airport now.

Been doing a big marathon of animated series, Young Justice, Avatar, Korra, etc. Already came up with a kickass character arc inspired from said marathon.

I had some time off for quite some time now and I decided to work on getting some ideas on paper. I finished three screenplays, about 90-100 pages each. I'm really have no idea if they're good or not, so if you like to read one and give me some feedback, just send me a message here on NolanFans. Here are the titles with the logline:

Ray Boyd (Western Movie, set in a fictional town, Red Rock, in the late 1890's., mixed up with some out of date elements):
A farmer and bounty hunter, Ray Boyd is sent on a journey to kill the Wild West’s most powerful outlaws, to prevent the town of Red Rock of losing its peace and prosperity, while trying to get over the loss of his wife.

The Authorized (Action Movie, set in San Franciso):
A police officer with special authorizations tries to kill the murderer of his wife and to prevent San Francisco of a disaster.

Lost Chances (Drama):
A young black boy from a gang-controlled neighborhood gets the chance to be in a special gifted class, but his situation at home and the need of a father doesn’t allow him to unveil his full potential.

Anyway, these are my recent WIP, these are all just first drafts, nothing too special I gues. But if you like to check them out, I am willing to send you the script as long as you give me some feedback in return.

Keep it up! :thumbup:

Personally, I think 'The Authority' sounds better than 'Authorized'.

corderouge wrote: Shaz - I seriously admire your ability to continuously work on short films. I've disappointed myself this year by not having the chance to make a film, transitioning into university and then full-time work through an internship. Hard to mix filmmaking in with all that.
Believe me, its not that devoted, I haven't made anything for a couple of months now. :-D I understand the "trying to find the balance" I'm in that transition from university into full-time work... except... at the moment, no one's giving me a full-time job... unhappy face :( ... so in the mean time... I'm selling my paintings to fund film work.

MWalls wrote: Ray Boyd:
...while trying to get over the loss of his wife.

The Authorized:
...tries to kill the murderer of his wife...

Lost Chances
...but his situation at home and the need of a father doesn’t allow him to unveil his full potential.
This worries me. The personal problems of your main character in all three movies are basically the same. The rest of the loglines do not sound very original, but are okay. The originality depends more on the script than tue logline. Could go both ways.
I am very busy at the moment. If you send me the scripts, I will read them eventually, but I can't promise a time. I promise I'll read at least the first 20 pages soon. I guess you still have my email adress?
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:
MWalls wrote: Ray Boyd:
...while trying to get over the loss of his wife.

The Authorized:
...tries to kill the murderer of his wife...

Lost Chances
...but his situation at home and the need of a father doesn’t allow him to unveil his full potential.
This worries me. The personal problems of your main character in all three movies are basically the same. The rest of the loglines do not sound very original, but are okay. The originality depends more on the script than tue logline. Could go both ways.
I am very busy at the moment. If you send me the scripts, I will read them eventually, but I can't promise a time. I promise I'll read at least the first 20 pages soon. I guess you still have my email adress?
I realized that my main character always has someone loved gone, just like you did. I don't know how this comes about, but you're absolutely right. But if it helps you, the outcome is never the same, just so you know. ;)

I don't have your e-mail address, if you could send it to me via PM I will send you the scripts. Thanks!

Writing a script for a story which takes place in the future. It's a sci-fi/fantasy (yeah, it has an evil Empire, mutants with superpowers and even vampires), but inspired in the historical developments of real religions:

The Story follows the developmentys of three characters:

In the far way future, the world is basically divided in two classes. In every Mega-City, there are different sectors: the rich area were the nobles and politicians reside, along with their servants [based on Roman society]. J is the son of one of these politicians, and questions their right to rule the lives of the people.

The Slums, were the poorest of the poor live in terror of crime, gangs and The Police, who makes sure the people in these areas are to afraid to rise against the Government. We follow a serial-killer turned Police officer who abuses his power to satiate his own selfish needs.

The Camps. The place were the Government sends every outcast they don't like (be it because of racism, fear to their nature or simply to get rid of the problems). It's basically a glorified work camp, a prison. We follow the story of a man who has spent there his entire life. Now, there's a new Religion which promises him a better world, and he starts to follow and predicate it throughout the City while questioning if his motives are really as heroic as they seem.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Finishing up a short suspense film for Halloween.