What are you working on?

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Finished a 4 day long shoot for my senior film at Arizona State University. Editing it this weekend in full with my editor.

My senior film I wrote and directed for Arizona State University. The biggest project I've ever directed.

Be warned though, for some reason the film appears darker on apple computer screens because of their color calibrations.

Here it is: https://vimeo.com/josephkresl/threadsfilm

nice job

and its cause you didnt grade on a calibrated monitor ya silly billy

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
May 3rd, 2018, 2:00 am
nice job

and its cause you didnt grade on a calibrated monitor ya silly billy
Yeah I couldnt get a colorist. (Not enough money) so the edit was due soon and I had to color it on my friend's shitty monitor :/, but overall it's still fine

prince won't finish his moody black & white movie so i had to shoot one...

i still don't know what you're talking about.

prince0gotham wrote:
May 12th, 2018, 3:30 pm
i still don't know what you're talking about.
do not act like you don't remember ivan's childhood 2

Not sure where to post this. New here. Before I invest time here can anyone tell me if there are serious film scholar type folks or people who are into making it in the film industry, especially as screenwriters and directors or producers? I browsed around and didn't find anything related to that. There's also ton of negativity going on in some threads, where I see that members gang-up, even calls each other names and attack even someone's relatives. I certainly don't want to interact with them, but there has to be some serious minded folks who are into making it in the film industry like Nolan did.

Thank you!

I mentioned in another topic that I'm working on the final film of my BA Film course here in my hometown, Budapest, Hungary, and we've actually finished shooting it, and I'm almost done editing it. Just need to polish the sound up a bit, but I am going to publish it on YouTube in a week or so, and I'd love to show it to you people as well. It's a comedy short about a botched film shoot - the premise might be unoriginal, but I hope I could transform the familiar setting with the help of my own style of comedy, and a hint of the Merchant-Gervais style of British sitcoms, into something original. Here are a few screenshots (I'm actually playing the lead as well, the guy with the glasses):