What are you working on?

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

It's quiet...
Too...Quiet!

It's been a while since we've seen some real good short films, so I just know that everyone is still working on a new one. I created this topic, so that we can see what everyone's working on, before we make a new topic.

I'll kick-off:
I just started a new study in Mechanical Engineering, but inspite of that, I'm working on two things right now.
The first of them is my official directors debut entitled "Just Breathe". I wrote the script a few years ago and now it's time to actually produce it. The script however was never translated into English, so it's gonna be something you haven't heard of before.
Just Breathe revolves around Bart, a teenager with the Locked-In Syndrome. His parrents can not afford the hospital treatment, so they brought him home. While every member of the family tries to live his/her own life, Bart is just lying there.

The second is a feature script that I'm writing entitled "The Incident". I am working on that script for over a year now, but I want it to be the best thing I've ever written. It surely has the potential. However, I don't want to reveal the plot yet.

So...
What are you guys working on right now?
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

-Short film revolving around a flashback for school
-In development of a feature script
-Short documentary for an orginazation'
Brave New World

Erik wrote: Just Breathe revolves around Bart, a teenager with the Locked-In Syndrome. His parents can not afford the hospital treatment, so they brought him home. While every member of the family tries to live his/her own life, Bart is just lying there.
Like the Diving Bell and The Butterfly. I'll be looking forward to this one.

I'm working on a Science Fiction Short called ANDY, you might have seen the thread, which I will be updating. Filming will commence at the end of october. Thats what i'm working on fully at the moment.

working on another Ted Bundy conceptual piece... on the side...

and writing a few scripts as well.

I´m making a thriller about mobbing. Still in the pre-production (screenwriting). Act I of III.

Hopefully soon I will be working on my short film "Just Another Kill" The script is here on the forums if you want to check it out for yourself.

I personally cannot wait to work on this project because this is the first time I would be making a short film and the script to me was my best work so far. I really hope this turns out to be really good and the quality of the filmmaking to be astounding because I always wanted to make a mobster movie that would make Scorsese proud.

For my film studies class we have to make a film for our final and I think I can wow my class with this story and if it turns out to be as good as I hope then to the festival circuit I go.

If things do not work out this year for "Just Another Kill" then my backup short film would be another script I have up on these forums called "First Time Thief" which is more of a comedy and was my first time writing a story with more than just one character and it was my first script with a lot of dialogue.

Now I have a project I will work on in the upcoming years once my filmmaking abilities expand. It will be my first attempt directing a Bourne-esque action short film. I would like to see how I can deliver an action film.

So, yeah those are what I am and will work on.

I've actually recently thought of an story that's really, really dug into me, and especially since I just did a big Young Justice marathon, since one of the main ideas I have, of having a group with no clear 'lead' or main character is in it, proving it's not impossible.

My problem is that with other ideas I've had, when I start actually putting hem down on paper, the drive just washes away, and I absolutely do not want this one to end up like that too.

SilverHeart wrote:I've actually recently thought of an story that's really, really dug into me, and especially since I just did a big Young Justice marathon, since one of the main ideas I have, of having a group with no clear 'lead' or main character is in it, proving it's not impossible.

My problem is that with other ideas I've had, when I start actually putting hem down on paper, the drive just washes away, and I absolutely do not want this one to end up like that too.
Write down everything. If you dont feel like writting a script write an outline or synopsis or whatever. Dont loose the idea, keep developing it.
Brave New World

Z. Cobb wrote:Like the Diving Bell and The Butterfly. I'll be looking forward to this one.
Thanks! I hope that I can live up to the expectations!
SilverHeart wrote:I've actually recently thought of an story that's really, really dug into me, and especially since I just did a big Young Justice marathon, since one of the main ideas I have, of having a group with no clear 'lead' or main character is in it, proving it's not impossible.

I sometimes feel the same way when I write a feature, but I learned myself something for cases like this:
Do not care for the first draft. Write it so you'll know exaclty where you're going with your story and characters. After that, you'll bring back the drive in the second draft.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

I'm taking it step by step right now. So far, I've got the general character archetypes are. It's sort of like a LOTR/Young Justice kind of thing, so it's stuff like 'Medic Character', 'Sorcerer', etc, as well as the genders of each.