Superhero Short

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Thanks, Erik. I appreciate it

Btw, I had to password protect the video, but if you want to check it out the password is heroes

Thanks Kyle. It was great, I really enjoyed it.

Andreas Photiou wrote:Thanks Kyle. It was great, I really enjoyed it.
Really glad you liked it!

Kyle, do you have any plans for future shorts ... or even features? :wtf:

Andreas Photiou wrote:Kyle, do you have any plans for future shorts ... or even features? :wtf:
Yep. Not shorts, but definitely features-- I'm adapting a novel right now for me to direct as my first. I've been fortunate in that THE LEAGUE has opened a lot of doors for me, in both film and comic books.

Kyle Higgins wrote:
Andreas Photiou wrote:Kyle, do you have any plans for future shorts ... or even features? :wtf:
Yep. Not shorts, but definitely features-- I'm adapting a novel right now for me to direct as my first. I've been fortunate in that THE LEAGUE has opened a lot of doors for me, in both film and comic books.
Damn, and I was hoping I'd be the first to become a director after visiting these boards :P. Keep us updated on your work.

prince0gotham wrote: Damn, and I was hoping I'd be the first to become a director after visiting these boards :P. Keep us updated on your work.
Haha you may still! I'm pretty behind on the script right now as I finish some comic book stuff (quick plug-- I've got stories in the Detective Comics and Batman Annuals out next month!)

Kyle Higgins wrote:
prince0gotham wrote: Damn, and I was hoping I'd be the first to become a director after visiting these boards :P. Keep us updated on your work.
Haha you may still! I'm pretty behind on the script right now as I finish some comic book stuff (quick plug-- I've got stories in the Detective Comics and Batman Annuals out next month!)
Ha, no I won't, I'm behind on a lot of things not to mention I've never worked with even semi-professionals and never done something as good looking as your Superhero short. Everything's mostly in a 'planning out' state right now. I mean I am doing a short movie right now (which will be my first) but that comes with a noticeable level of sloppiness due to... a lot of things... I was hesitating to do something more serious when it comes to scenery and lighting, that's why I adjusted the script to something more domestic. And I still got problems, because I shoot at my home and the layout of this apartment just ain't suitable for something like this, shots and angles are ugly and so on. Anyway I'll have to swallow that and just hope its some good experience that will serve me later on.

Got a bit distracted there. What I meant is I'm happy that you earned attention and wish you the best cuz you got a great start there.

prince0gotham wrote: Ha, no I won't, I'm behind on a lot of things not to mention I've never worked with even semi-professionals and never done something as good looking as your Superhero short. Everything's mostly in a 'planning out' state right now. I mean I am doing a short movie right now (which will be my first) but that comes with a noticeable level of sloppiness due to... a lot of things... I was hesitating to do something more serious when it comes to scenery and lighting, that's why I adjusted the script to something more domestic. And I still got problems, because I shoot at my home and the layout of this apartment just ain't suitable for something like this, shots and angles are ugly and so on. Anyway I'll have to swallow that and just hope its some good experience that will serve me later on.

Got a bit distracted there. What I meant is I'm happy that you earned attention and wish you the best cuz you got a great start there.
Thanks, man. Keep at it. I'm sure you hear that all the time, and I've HATED hearing it over the years, but yes-- every project, experience, etc is a learning experience. I have half a dozen shorts that I won't let anyone see, ever :)

What's your project about?