Superhero Short

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

The handycamera's of today with HD are so great these days,you can make really good films with that.
i have a Canon HD Camera and it's really great.

mikemanning wrote:Really impressive short, man! What's next?

Thanks, Mike. I'm working on a couple feature scripts as well as some comic books for Marvel, and an adaptation (for me to write and direct) is on the horizon-- if everything pans out with the rights.

How about yourself?

Kyle Higgins wrote:
mikemanning wrote:Really impressive short, man! What's next?

Thanks, Mike. I'm working on a couple feature scripts as well as some comic books for Marvel, and an adaptation (for me to write and direct) is on the horizon-- if everything pans out with the rights.

How about yourself?
Right now I'm working on Sony's "The Green Hornet." We had a pretty exciting day today as we just released the trailer. We were actually supposed to premier it on Jimmy Kimmel Live, but there was a power outtage (of all things) that prevented that from happening. But you can check it out on Yahoo Movies right now.

That's my day job though, right now I'm in pre-production on a short Western that I'm gonna direct. We're also in the middle of a couple different feature screenplays that we're developing. And by we I mean http://bme-films.com.

But yeah man, can't wait to see more of your work! This piece was definitely promising :)
-M

mikemanning wrote: Right now I'm working on Sony's "The Green Hornet." We had a pretty exciting day today as we just released the trailer. We were actually supposed to premier it on Jimmy Kimmel Live, but there was a power outtage (of all things) that prevented that from happening. But you can check it out on Yahoo Movies right now.

That's my day job though, right now I'm in pre-production on a short Western that I'm gonna direct. We're also in the middle of a couple different feature screenplays that we're developing. And by we I mean http://bme-films.com.

But yeah man, can't wait to see more of your work! This piece was definitely promising :)
-M
Cool, man. I checked out the site-- looks great. And I saw the Green Hornet trailer earlier today. This version of the flick isn't my cup of tea, but I'm sure it'll open.

When is the western happening?

Amazing work! Everything from the production design to the directing is superb :clap:

S.Jenkis wrote:Amazing work! Everything from the production design to the directing is superb :clap:
Thanks!

this vid looks good,ya it also looks like watchman.

Great work on the short, definitely very well done.

Myself and a partner are writing up a script for a short ourselves and saw some discussions going on about particular cameras. I'm pushing towards investing in a Canon XH-A1s. Any thoughts on that would be great, hopefully we can get our project up very soon, it's definitely an interesting concept, we just need to get a little more savvy on the technical aspect of production.

Wow, I finally remembered and found time to watch your movie!

Great short! I thought the acting was a bit too static, but that's the only thing I didn't really like. The League has great visual stuff, a good story and great cinematography!

Good work! :thumbup:
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.