Superhero Short

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

I also thought it lookt like Watchmen,But who cares?.
This looks just great :thumbup: .

Kyle Higgins wrote:
Jonas Agersø wrote: I can only imagine, not many young directors can walk up with something like this on their CV.
What about you? Are you looking at a career in movies?
Yeah im hoping to get an career in movies, these days im mostly working on danish musicvideos and promotion videos, earning some money, and getting experienced. Besides Im attending film-making competitions every time I have the option. And I also work free-lance on bigger danish productions. I hope to make a living of it some day. I would love to enter the danish filmschool in the future, the only problems is - that it is one of the hardest schools to get into in the world. I could also choose the alternative danish filmschool called "Super16". But all this requries that I have some work to show (which needs to be alot better than the smaller projects iv done so far). I hope to be able to shoot some of the stuff im working on next year.
(btw. Im 19 years old ;) )

[/quote]
Yeah im hoping to get an career in movies, these days im mostly working on danish musicvideos and promotion videos, earning some money, and getting experienced. Besides Im attending film-making competitions every time I have the option. And I also work free-lance on bigger danish productions. I hope to make a living of it some day. I would love to enter the danish filmschool in the future, the only problems is - that it is one of the hardest schools to get into in the world. I could also choose the alternative danish filmschool called "Super16". But all this requries that I have some work to show (which needs to be alot better than the smaller projects iv done so far). I hope to be able to shoot some of the stuff im working on next year.
(btw. Im 19 years old ;) )[/quote]

That's about where I was when I was 19. I did a lot of animated music videos, and motion graphics, but I wasn't shooting very many short films, either. You're in good shape-- as long as you know what you want to do, and you're committed to it, you'll figure out a way in. I know that sounds cliche, but it's true. I tried for 2 years to transfer into USC from Iowa, and got turned down both years. Eventually I found another school that actually turned out to be a much better fit.

Good work Higgins, how old are you now?

Good, very interesting. :thumbup: :clap:

OVERMAN wrote:Good work Higgins, how old are you now?
I'll be 25 next month.

Kyle Higgins wrote: That's about where I was when I was 19. I did a lot of animated music videos, and motion graphics, but I wasn't shooting very many short films, either. You're in good shape-- as long as you know what you want to do, and you're committed to it, you'll figure out a way in. I know that sounds cliche, but it's true. I tried for 2 years to transfer into USC from Iowa, and got turned down both years. Eventually I found another school that actually turned out to be a much better fit.
Im very glad to hear that. One thing is for sure, I will never give up :) Anyway good luck in the future with your projects, and please oh please post them here as well, its awesome :D

Jonas Agersø wrote:
Kyle Higgins wrote: That's about where I was when I was 19. I did a lot of animated music videos, and motion graphics, but I wasn't shooting very many short films, either. You're in good shape-- as long as you know what you want to do, and you're committed to it, you'll figure out a way in. I know that sounds cliche, but it's true. I tried for 2 years to transfer into USC from Iowa, and got turned down both years. Eventually I found another school that actually turned out to be a much better fit.
Im very glad to hear that. One thing is for sure, I will never give up :) Anyway good luck in the future with your projects, and please oh please post them here as well, its awesome :D
Of course :)

I'm writing a new comic book for Marvel right now (should be announced in a couple weeks). And there may be a feature (writing/directing) in the not too distant future...

If you guys have any comic book stores near you, I just had a new book come out yesterday-- it's a hard cover collecting 3 Captain America: Theater of War stories (one of which is mine):

http://marvel.com/catalog/?id=14399

Congratulations with your comic! I really have to make time to watch your movie... :silent:
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.