New Movie HELP!

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

My dream is to one day become a director almost as good as Nolan, but I will never be better haha. To reach my goal, I need to start making movies. Right now, i have a solid first scene for my screenplay in which a man named Scott Warner is stanindg in the street and another man approaches him. Scott claims to not know the man, but the man does know him. The man tells scott they need to run or they'll die. So Scott runs and the whole place around them explodes (I have the software to make this possible :D ). Then scott falls to the ground and later wakes up, but when he wakes up everything is fine and the man is missing. There is no sign of any explosion ever occurring. That is what I have so far, so could you guys please help me come up with a story, i'll write the screenplay for it, but any help and ideas would be awesome. When it's done, which should be in two weeks time as I'm shooting this weekend, i'll post it on here. I'll give whoever gives any ideas credit if they want it. Thanks!

David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

If you want to write a screenplay, you first have to get an IDEA (A single idea from the human mind can change the world... =D), not a scene, an IDEA.

You can't say, there is a scene where someone is flying naked without knowing why. You have to get an Idea first, something like "Oh, I'm gonna make a story about the dream of some guy", and then you come up with the guy flying naked. Although you can incorporate a scene to an idea, like "Oh, I'm gonna make a story of some crazy guy, but at the end you find out that he isn't really crazy, and the hole thing was a conspiration against him... Ahhhh, here is where I can put the scene of the explotion", but you always have to explain the WHY, and the WHY comes from an IDEA.

IDEAS firts.

Well, not entirely correct.

Sometimes the opening scene for a movie gives you enough inspiration. Unfortionately for Juan, it wasn't like that for him. I'm working on the rest of his story right now.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Some of the ideas I've had have started with me just imagining a scene and then eventually getting the story, characters, etc. wrapped around it.
Like a wrap. It's easier to start with more than one ingredient and the tortilla and picture the wrap as a whole first, but if you just have the lettuce at the moment it is still possible to take all the other ingredients and tightly wrap them around this thin piece of lettuce. Might be a little trickier, but rest assured is is 100% possible!