Hans Zimmer's MAN OF STEEL Soundtrack

David Julyan, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, and Ludwig Göransson
Don't want to listen to it before the release of the movie. What's the general consensus on the soundtrack?
Great, good, meh?

Megalith wrote:How sad. The second of silence before the opening track on Williams' Superman score is better than Hans' whole album.
I love you.

Mahiya_Borden wrote:Don't want to listen to it before the release of the movie. What's the general consensus on the soundtrack?
Great, good, meh?
Well it's certainly good, but I think it's great. Not only since Williams' score is so printed in peoples minds (ears) but because it also couldn't sound to much like Batman you know. It has to be it's own sound and Zimmer succeeded in that point. It has small parts but it can also go really big. However, I do think it's the best to hear it first once you see the film in theater, the music gets better combined with images and vice versa, they're made for each other. I'm just someone who couldn't wait to hear it :P Already sold on the trailers music so I though, fuck it imma listening it 8-) But good for you though.

Megalith wrote:Okay, I'm back and take back what I said. The 160 kbps version I listened to initially sounded absolutely awful. This is one release that must be heard on CD/FLAC/lossless.

I still think Zimmer could have done better but I guess this will pass. But the way the piano played in the beginning of the trailer sounded better than the version on the score. And there's horrendous distortion in the bass at one point in the Terraforming track.

Bacon wrote:
Megalith wrote:How sad. The second of silence before the opening track on Williams' Superman score is better than Hans' whole album.
Go jump off a cliff.
like this

Can't find a video of it to post, but the track "Earth" is just glorious.

Cilogy wrote:Can't find a video of it to post, but the track "Earth" is just glorious.
That is one of my favorites as well

The soundtrack is absolutely sensational when you are sitting in a theatre and watching the movie. Zimmer's outdone himself again! :clap: