Hans Zimmer's MAN OF STEEL Soundtrack

David Julyan, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, and Ludwig Göransson
Celestin wrote:
07202012 wrote:Watched the trailers yet again (Comic-Con and official teaser), and I actually think the usage of music from other movies isn't just because he hasn't finished the soundtrack yet. I actually think Hans Zimmer's done with the theme, he's just waiting to use it (since the footage probably didn't fit the theme).
It's common for trailers to not use the official movie soundtrack, like the Inception trailers also didn't have music composed by Zimmer.
It still suggests the vibe of the composision for the movie.
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:
Celestin wrote:
It's common for trailers to not use the official movie soundtrack, like the Inception trailers also didn't have music composed by Zimmer.
It still suggests the vibe of the composision for the movie.
Which by the way has been awesome so far.

If it's heroic and sweeping like
and
we should be fine
President and Chief Financial Officer of The Official Faora Fan Club Est. 2013

FreakLikeMe wrote:If it's heroic and sweeping like
and
we should be fine
Don't think that would work so well with Man of Steel.

We need a deep and emotional soundtrack like this:

I have total trust on Zimmer, but I think that ignoring the 'Superman march' from Williams is simply wrong.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

I think that with the tones set from the trailers, the main theme might be along the lines of Gladiator, specifically "Now We Are Free". Not only does it sound heroic but it also gives this human vibe to it.

didich wrote:I have total trust on Zimmer, but I think that ignoring the 'Superman march' from Williams is simply wrong.
Was it also wrong to ignore the batman theme by danny elfman for batman begins too?

Thedarknight628 wrote:
didich wrote:I have total trust on Zimmer, but I think that ignoring the 'Superman march' from Williams is simply wrong.
Was it also wrong to ignore the batman theme by danny elfman for batman begins too?
There's a difference, at least from my point of view.

And this differents is found in the importance of the themes. I, for example, am 18 years old, and I never listened to the Danny Elfman Batman Theme long after Begins (and TDK) was already out.

With the 'Superman March', it's different. Not only is the perfect (and in my opinion, ultimate Superman Theme), it has been acknowledged by almost every other adaptation. The first Superman film was made more than a decade before the Batman film and yet, the music is still known to this generation.

I-m not saying they should use it as the main theme, they should not, but when something trascends the film for which it was created you have to give it an 'homage' somehow. It's like Star Wars without its main fanfare or the 'Imperial March', it just lacks something.

The Batman theme was not even half as iconic compared to ther Superman theme, completely different situations, I would say.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

didich wrote:
Thedarknight628 wrote: Was it also wrong to ignore the batman theme by danny elfman for batman begins too?
There's a difference, at least from my point of view.

And this differents is found in the importance of the themes. I, for example, am 18 years old, and I never listened to the Danny Elfman Batman Theme long after Begins (and TDK) was already out.

With the 'Superman March', it's different. Not only is the perfect (and in my opinion, ultimate Superman Theme), it has been acknowledged by almost every other adaptation. The first Superman film was made more than a decade before the Batman film and yet, the music is still known to this generation.

I-m not saying they should use it as the main theme, they should not, but when something trascends the film for which it was created you have to give it an 'homage' somehow. It's like Star Wars without its main fanfare or the 'Imperial March', it just lacks something.

The Batman theme was not even half as iconic compared to ther Superman theme, completely different situations, I would say.
Well that's your opinion I for one want a new theme that has nothing to do with the old one and I'm pretty sure Hanz Zimmer will want to make a theme that is his own instead of making it or including anything that would be like the old one just, because this is a different take of Superman.