Inception starting Scene...

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
That came from a website called ScriptShadow.

Derka Derka Mohammed Jihad

Here's what I, being a Nolan fan, think the opening scene SHOULD be like, and I mean that as a "SHOULD"...

Guards with sophisticated weapons scroll by the perimeter of a company, with the employees passing by.

Cut to: a pair of hands (Leo's) opening the PASIV device.

Next, we see Joseph Gordon-Levitt lying on a couch, staring intently at the ceiling. We see a watch, the second hand nearing 45. The distinct escalating sound of Hans Zimmer comes afore.

CUT TO: Some guards are talking over the wireless.

We hear Leo's voice, "Arthur, set. Kill control." JGL nods and closes his eyes. The watch ticks by and stops at 15.

A guard looks at his rifle and senses something wrong. The barrel of his rifle starts bending and twisting. Puzzled, he turns around to take a look, and is stunned and the music rises higher.

We see the people floating, the employees, hundreds of them; the guards are all confused. Suddenly, they lose all control and start floating, losing all consciousness...

And we see a man come into the frame, in a black suit. Leo, it is. He takes a look and signals back. JGL and Tom Hardy approach toward him, laced with state-of-art weaponry.

Leo looks at them and says, "Now, we enter the nucleus. And, it is a lot difficult to crack. And THAT is an understatement, but hanging around Derek's neck might be like inviting it around. We gotta be swift, swifter than our minds, swifter than anything. i don't want this to be a cliffhanger like it was in Jane Kaufman's arena. Got it?"

JGL and Hardy nod. and Leo's face is seen sideways as he turns toward the building.

They proceed amidst the people floating around, noiselessly.

P.S. This is purely fictional, out of my own mind. Please let me know how you find it to be? Thanks beforehand.

Luis83 wrote:
#1fan wrote:how do you know this
if it's true thanks
if it's fake....
i can't guarantee that it's true.. but guy, who tell me info don't lie to me never before... Me there is a friend which never me deceived earlier. It works in the film industry and he speaks that saw a film part.
I think we will get a very Dark Knightish opening.

The_Maestro wrote:Based on the trailers, sides and photographs released so far, I think it will start like this...

SPOILER tags, just in case :D
Cobb, Arthur and Nash are international fugitives who have stolen the PASIV device for their own uses. They target Saito and trick him into buying their "subconscious security".

The first big dream scene would be the Japanese Castle (where Cobb looks like James Bond). He is planning to steal Saito's idea, represented by the papers Cobb holds in the trailer. At some point during the dream Cobb is caught by Saito, who has been wise to their plan the entire time.

This dream sequence would be intercut with the "give him the kick!" scene in the real world. Saito wakes up before Cobb, and he threatens to kill them unless they perform an "Inception" on Fischer. Saito wants to "divide and conquer" Fischer's business by having Cobb's team plant a simple idea in his mind. Split one big company into two smaller companies.

Nash, presumably the architect at the beginning, gets in the way of this plan somehow and is "dealt with" on the helicopter platform. Cobb then has to recruit Ariadne for the plan to work. Saito brings in more people that he trusts (Eames, Yusef) to ensure that the mission succeeds.

Fischer is probably an innocent, Bill Gates-type throughout the film and is protected by Browning, his security chief. The other main villain is Mal, who represents the darker side of Cobb's subconscious. He can't control her actions and she stands in the way of the mission.
That's all I've got for now!
Best opening I think we can hope for :D

More speculations based on trailer dialogue. I also read somewhere that in Inception "the easiest way to wake up is to die in a dream" (the Rolling Stone review, maybe?)

To add to my earlier post in this thread, I think the opening will be something like this:
In the dream state Cobb enters the Japanese Castle, dispatching guards until he makes his way to the safe. He takes the papers representing Saito's idea. Suddenly, Saito enters with Mal. Arthur is also caught and brought to the dining room. There is a dialogue scene. Cobb realises that Saito knows what is happening, and he has to think fast. He shoots Arthur in the head, waking him up in the real world.

Arthur knows something is wrong. He delivers the "...give him the kick!" line and Nash plunges Cobb into the bath tub as Saito wakes up. Saito enters the room and holds Nash at gunpoint. "In my dreams, you play by MY rules..."

He explains his plan to Cobb and co. Cobb says "The people who hired us won't accept failure", but it turns out that Saito has been pulling the strings all along.

The_Maestro wrote:More speculations based on trailer dialogue. I also read somewhere that in Inception "the easiest way to wake up is to die in a dream" (the Rolling Stone review, maybe?)

To add to my earlier post in this thread, I think the opening will be something like this:
In the dream state Cobb enters the Japanese Castle, dispatching guards until he makes his way to the safe. He takes the papers representing Saito's idea. Suddenly, Saito enters with Mal. Arthur is also caught and brought to the dining room. There is a dialogue scene. Cobb realises that Saito knows what is happening, and he has to think fast. He shoots Arthur in the head, waking him up in the real world.

Arthur knows something is wrong. He delivers the "...give him the kick!" line and Nash plunges Cobb into the bath tub as Saito wakes up. Saito enters the room and holds Nash at gunpoint. "In my dreams, you play by MY rules..."

He explains his plan to Cobb and co. Cobb says "The people who hired us won't accept failure", but it turns out that Saito has been pulling the strings all along.
I think that's one of the most probable opening scenes so far. I don't know if it will go down exactly like that, but I think there's a good chance it starts inside the Japanese castle. Maybe after that first paragraph, instead of us seeing Arthur wake up, they sit down for dinner, and Saito offers Cobb the job.

I would assume that, since Nolan needs to quickly introduce the audience to what it is, exactly, that DiCaprio's character does, the best way to do this would be to have the opening scene show him in action, pulling off a successful mind heist. Or perhaps I'm biased because of how TDK started, but I think it'd make sense to open with a demonstration of the technology and all that, right?

The_Maestro wrote:More speculations based on trailer dialogue. I also read somewhere that in Inception "the easiest way to wake up is to die in a dream" (the Rolling Stone review, maybe?)

That's my favourite piece of fan material so far. I like how it all fits into trailers and the story itself, and I like how you've included Nash in the story, given that he's only a supporting character.

christophmac wrote: That's my favourite piece of fan material so far. I like how it all fits into trailers and the story itself, and I like how you've included Nash in the story, given that he's only a supporting character.
It seems to fit and could very well be a scene in the movie.... however, I think too much is happening in that scene for it to be the first scene, I guess because there's not only an introduction to a large number of characters, but it starts with a conflict right away. It'd be like TDK starting off with an encounter between the Batman and the Joker, you know? Besides, I always figured the first section of the movie would be Cobb building the team, since that's how heist movies usually start.

Of course, I'm not taking into the account the possibility that after that initial conflict (in your theoretical opening scene), it goes into flashback mode, which is very well possible.

Looks like you were very close: http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/review ... eption.php