Seventeen Ways of Criticizing Inception

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.

17 Reasons This Dude is Wrong, by Nelson:
  • 1.) He's Wrong.
    2.) He's Wrong.
    3.) He's Wrong.
    4.) He's Wrong.
    5.) He's Wrong.
    6.) He's Wrong.
    7.) He's Wrong.
    8.) He's Wrong.
    9.) He's Wrong.
    10.) He's Wrong.
    11.) He's Wrong.
    12.) He's Wrong.
    13.) He's Wrong.
    14.) He's Wrong.
    15.) He's Wrong.
    16.) He's Wrong.
    17.) He's Wrong.

(The best way to watch The Dark Knight, of course, is to just watch the scenes starring Heath Ledger.)
I stopped even trying to take the writer seriously after this.

What a whiny, nit-picky article.

Nolan used way too much dialogue to spoon feed the audience in Inception, at least for me anyway. I will easily skip some parts with Ariadne when seeing it again..or..even better; make a fan-edit of Inception 8-)

I do not hate Inception, or agree totally with the article so that is said. I still feel Inception would have been suited much, much, much better in a trilogy setting.

Some of this is okay, a fair bit of it quite harsh and a bit unnecessary.
Do you... like pineapple?

RIFA wrote:I'm gonna get bashed here but SOME of his points are valid.
Bashed :judge:
"When art imitates life"

The way the reviewer acts like a hipster by referring to PKD so many times, together with a tone in which he knows all film-makers is so over the top he needs to get off his own ego. It seems it is purely popular to just hate on a popular film.

Meraxes wrote:The way the reviewer acts like a hipster by referring to PKD so many times, together with a tone in which he knows all film-makers is so over the top he needs to get off his own ego. It seems it is purely popular to just hate on a popular film.
was gonna say that
you know that cliche about mad scientists rambling sciency stuff that doesn't make any sense and that couldn't be more out of touch? that's how he sounds

Yeah, Inception has 1000x too much exposition, but most of his complaints are subjective. The film's exhilarating pacing is part of the thematic core, and it's spectacle, the wonder and power of the human mind. Inception may not have been as much of a mind fuck as many, including myself, would have preferred, but a lot of these complaints are just "I found this boring" or whatever, when the vast majority of people very obviously found it amazing.

Now, I'd take complaints that it has too much exposition slightly more seriously if the vast majority of people actually understood the movie.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Yeah, Inception has 1000x too much exposition, but most of his complaints are subjective. The film's exhilarating pacing is part of the thematic core, and it's spectacle, the wonder and power of the human mind. Inception may not have been as much of a mind fuck as many, including myself, would have preferred, but a lot of these complaints are just "I found this boring" or whatever, when the vast majority of people very obviously found it amazing.

Now, I'd take complaints that it has too much exposition slightly more seriously if the vast majority of people actually understood the movie.

-Vader
Agreed. When I came to the part in the review where Mal is presented...is where I understood the reviewers fault in understanding it. The majority of Mal within Inception is a part of Cobb's mind yet the reviewer talks about Nolan being misogynistic and treating the female as something evil. He failed to see its the divided mind of Cobb that is evil. The real Mal was in fact lovely.