ShoWest this week

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Robin wrote:Converting into 3D is just a way of making more money (cheating the audience) but it doesn't hurt the film so I don't care really. However, IF (and thats a big if) they decide to shoot Batman in 3D....... Then I'll start worrying.
I'm seeing all 3D films in 2D. I'm not shoving out an extra 3 bucks. I'm not made out of money.

Beautiful! Nice! :D

I'm sure they'll be satisfied with shooting IMAX for Batman 3 and skip the 3D.

P.S. - Thanks Chee :D

They get their extra money from the IMAX anyways, so its a win/win. :think:

Isn't it a bit counterimtuitive to force all your movies to be in 3D rather than making it 3D because the experience naturally leads it there?

And I'd really like to see WB try to force Nolan to make a 3D movie. He'd likely tell them to go shove it. Also, 3D would mean digital cameras, and that means no IMAX scenes. Not going to happen.

I posted this comment on the Slasfilm article, but THIS IS HORRIBLE NEWS! Like many have already stated, I don't see why EVERY movie HAS to be in 3D now. If it's the director's vision for it to be in 3D, then so be it. But it SHOULD NOT be a studio mandate. That's complete bullshit. I pray to the movie gods that Nolan has the authority and leeway with WB to say NO to converting Inception and Batman 3 to 3D. I mean, wow...this really, really sucks. I am actually really upset about this. I DON'T WANT TO SEE BATMAN, INCEPTION OR SUPERMAN IN 3D GODDAMMIT!!!

Should we start a "Stop trying to shove 3D down our throats" online movement? Like, do does WB read the comments of us fans on the various movie sites? Do they realize how pissed we all are about this?
Last edited by Barrett on March 18th, 2010, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

apw
It's 1am in the UK and I'm off to bed. I've spent far too long searching the internet for ShoWest news. I hope you've all enjoyed it.

Night.

:mrgreen:

chee wrote:I'm seeing all 3D films in 2D. I'm not shoving out an extra 3 bucks. I'm not made out of money.
Same here.

If the film is converted into 3D, you can just go see the 2D version anyways. Same shitt. But if the film is filmed in 3D you are forced to see it that way.

May Avatar burn in hell.
@sammyjankis88

Barrett wrote:I posted this comment on the Slasfilm article, but THIS IS HORRIBLE NEWS! Like many have already stated, I don't see why EVERY movie HAS to be in 3D now. If it's the director's vision for it to be in 3D, then so be it. But it SHOULD NOT be a studio mandate. That's complete bullshit. I pray to the movie gods that Nolan has the authority and leeway with WB to say NO to converting Inception and Batman 3 to 3D. I mean, wow...this really, really sucks. I am actually really upset about this. I DON'T WANT TO SEE BATMAN, INCEPTION OR SUPERMAN IN 3D GODDAMMIT!!!

Should we start a "Stop trying to shove 3D down our throats online movement?" Like, do does WB read the comments of us fans on the various movie sites? Do they realize how pissed we all are about this?
Online movements rarely work. But I'm sure they are reading the slashfilm comments.

chee wrote:
Barrett wrote:I posted this comment on the Slasfilm article, but THIS IS HORRIBLE NEWS! Like many have already stated, I don't see why EVERY movie HAS to be in 3D now. If it's the director's vision for it to be in 3D, then so be it. But it SHOULD NOT be a studio mandate. That's complete bullshit. I pray to the movie gods that Nolan has the authority and leeway with WB to say NO to converting Inception and Batman 3 to 3D. I mean, wow...this really, really sucks. I am actually really upset about this. I DON'T WANT TO SEE BATMAN, INCEPTION OR SUPERMAN IN 3D GODDAMMIT!!!

Should we start a "Stop trying to shove 3D down our throats online movement?" Like, do does WB read the comments of us fans on the various movie sites? Do they realize how pissed we all are about this?
Online movements rarely work. But I'm sure they are reading the slashfilm comments.
But when they do work, they're epic. Case in point...

Hahah, that one was a huge movement. :)
Later in the presentation, while introducing Christopher Nolan’s Inception, he called the movie “a grand scale film”. It is definitely being set up as a tentpole movie, but it remains unconfirmed if Nolan’s film will also be converted to 3D. They definitely have the time as Clash was converted in a record three months.

Read more: Peter’s Thoughts on the Post Converted Clash of the Titans 3D Footage | /Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/03/18/pet ... z0ia4RC9Oq