"The Best And Most Unique Science Fiction Movie Ever Made"

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I'd like to believe peteaggasi, but apart from some coincidental timing, he's given us no reason to believe him. Though it may be possible that the film has a rough cut by now.

chee wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:
chee wrote: I wouldn't doubt that the screenings have started at WB and I wouldn't doubt that the people there love it. Seems pretty reasonable. WB does love Nolan like their own child. :P
Yes, WB probably doesn't have the best credibility in the world on this because they have a vested interest in claiming that it's amazing. Then again, their claims about TDK seemed ridiculous at the time but it turned out to be a pretty good assessment of that film.
If that quote is true, it wasn't a public quote. What they think and what they say publicly are two different things.

Obviously it's not a public quote and neither was the stuff about TDK. But you would have to be naive to think that studios don't think higher of their own product than something of identical quality produced by a rival studio. They are going to be biased in their assessment, that's just the way it is and it is completely understandable. They're forking over a lot of money to make their movies so they have the right to be biased.

redfirebird2008 wrote:Obviously it's not a public quote and neither was the stuff about TDK. But you would have to be naive to think that studios don't think higher of their own product than something of identical quality produced by a rival studio. They are going to be biased in their assessment, that's just the way it is and it is completely understandable. They're forking over a lot of money to make their movies so they have the right to be biased.
Yea, that's true.

I'm getting more and more info on this film as it comes. Something new today: Nolan first had the idea for this film when he was 16 years old. And has been developing it ever since. It is a HUGE ACTION movie.

apw
You're new information is that it is 'a huge action movie' ?

I'm guessing tomorrow you will give us an exclusive that Leonardo DiCaprio is in it.

apw wrote:You're new information is that it is 'a huge action movie' ?

That he's wanted to make it since he was 16 is bigger news. His wife said that they had ideas for it around 10 years ago. Pete is suggesting that it goes back a lot further than that.

16 years old is new info. The huge action movie thing is old, but was told again. This is bigger than begins and dark knight combined - that's how hard it was to make.

Everyone is making a lot of good points on whether this latest claim by peteagassi is legit or not. I wonder if maybe he elaborated on his releationship with this "friend" of his at WB and how he came across the information of Nolan having the idea for Inception since he was 16, that may ease the rightful skepticism of everyone on this board. Just a thought.

Barrett wrote:Everyone is making a lot of good points on whether this latest claim by peteagassi is legit or not. I wonder if maybe he elaborated on his releationship with this "friend" of his at WB and how he came across the information of Nolan having the idea for Inception since he was 16, that may ease the rightful skepticism of everyone on this board. Just a thought.

Nolan must have been one hell of a genius at that age if he had this idea. I go to school with a lot of 16 year olds and they would never have thought of anything like Inception.

akv1984 wrote:
Barrett wrote:Everyone is making a lot of good points on whether this latest claim by peteagassi is legit or not. I wonder if maybe he elaborated on his releationship with this "friend" of his at WB and how he came across the information of Nolan having the idea for Inception since he was 16, that may ease the rightful skepticism of everyone on this board. Just a thought.

Nolan must have been one hell of a genius at that age if he had this idea. I go to school with a lot of 16 year olds and they would never have thought of anything like Inception.
Wasn't he making movies at age 6 or 7? The guy is very mature for his age and always has been. He's 39 but you would swear he's 50 or older based on how he talks and his approach to filmmaking. Check out this interview that I uploaded to YouTube from when he was around 30. Incredibly mature:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIFxNq_oMGY

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYbNFxtG8H4

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYO-zUdUoTE