"The Best And Most Unique Science Fiction Movie Ever Made"

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
George posted it here first, after finding the information on Awards Daily comments.

I'd like to think peteagassi wouldn't just post a bogus comment like this. But I guess there's no way we can know for sure whether this is real or not. :think:

If he wasn't such a troll all the time, I'd believe him.

Some things I would like to note about the timing of his post:

1. The Dark Knight also had a mid/late July release date and March is when we first started hearing about the studio screenings of it. Similar comments were made by inside sources ("best superhero movie ever," "Ledger is phenomenal," etc.).

2. Warner Brothers didn't even give any other studios a chance to look at this script. They immediately bought it as soon as they got their first look at it. This leads to point #3.

3. They gave the film a $200 million budget and it's NOT a franchise sequel. This is a sign that the script must have been very good. I don't give a damn that they might have been trying to bribe Nolan to do a new Batman movie. You don't spend $200 million (plus a crapload in marketing) just to get a director back for a franchise that is guaranteed to make a ton of money regardless of who directs.

4. I hope this turns out to be a big budget version of Memento and The Prestige. They are both phenomenal films, but it would be interesting to see those same qualities brought forth with amazing visual flair (folding city) and lots of interesting locations around the world.

redfirebird2008 wrote:Some things I would like to note about the timing of his post:

1. The Dark Knight also had a mid/late July release date and March is when we first started hearing about the studio screenings of it. Similar comments were made by inside sources ("best superhero movie ever," "Ledger is phenomenal," etc.).

2. Warner Brothers didn't even give any other studios a chance to look at this script. They immediately bought it as soon as they got their first look at it. This leads to point #3.

3. They gave the film a $200 million budget and it's NOT a franchise sequel. This is a sign that the script must have been very good. I don't give a damn that they might have been trying to bribe Nolan to do a new Batman movie. You don't spend $200 million (plus a crapload in marketing) just to get a director back for a franchise that is guaranteed to make a ton of money regardless of who directs.

4. I hope this turns out to be a big budget version of Memento and The Prestige. They are both phenomenal films, but it would be interesting to see those same qualities brought forth with amazing visual flair (folding city) and lots of interesting locations around the world.
Good points.
It's just that peteagassi isn't the most liked member on these forums. :(

chee wrote:
Good points.
Yeah, he seems to act like a jerk towards other people around here pretty often from what I've seen. My point about TDK and March is that it would be appropriate for Inception screenings to start at Warner Brothers, but at the same time anyone who followed the progression of TDK could simply make up this kind of story about Inception because their release dates are almost identical and they are being produced by the exact same studio. So it kind of goes both ways. Hopefully there will be some other sources that start reporting on this.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
chee wrote:
Good points.
Yeah, he seems to act like a jerk towards other people around here pretty often from what I've seen. My point about TDK and March is that it would be appropriate for Inception screenings to start at Warner Brothers, but at the same time anyone who followed the progression of TDK could simply make up this kind of story about Inception because their release dates are almost identical and they are being produced by the exact same studio. So it kind of goes both ways. Hopefully there will be some other sources that start reporting on this.
I wouldn't doubt that the screenings have started at WB and I wouldn't doubt that the people there love it. Seems pretty reasonable. WB does love Nolan like their own child. :P

redfirebird2008 wrote:1. The Dark Knight also had a mid/late July release date and March is when we first started hearing about the studio screenings of it. Similar comments were made by inside sources ("best superhero movie ever," "Ledger is phenomenal," etc.).

That's what I had in mind when I first saw this thread. But I have no doubts that Inception will be incredible, regardless of if peteagassi's friend's claim is fake or not.

chee wrote: I wouldn't doubt that the screenings have started at WB and I wouldn't doubt that the people there love it. Seems pretty reasonable. WB does love Nolan like their own child. :P
Yes, WB probably doesn't have the best credibility in the world on this because they have a vested interest in claiming that it's amazing. Then again, their claims about TDK seemed ridiculous at the time but it turned out to be a pretty good assessment of that film.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
chee wrote: I wouldn't doubt that the screenings have started at WB and I wouldn't doubt that the people there love it. Seems pretty reasonable. WB does love Nolan like their own child. :P
Yes, WB probably doesn't have the best credibility in the world on this because they have a vested interest in claiming that it's amazing. Then again, their claims about TDK seemed ridiculous at the time but it turned out to be a pretty good assessment of that film.
If that quote is true, it wasn't a public quote. What they think and what they say publicly are two different things.