Inception in 3D? Website has changed!

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Hi.

I just checked the website (http://www.yourmindisthesceneofthecrime.com).
I have played the maze game before, and wanted to try it again, but I had to download something called "UnityWebPlayer" which gives a 3D effect to a website. UnityWebPlayer is also used in the Avatar trailer i 3D on the internet.

Could this mean that Inception will be changed into 3D?

Other movies like "Clash of the Titans" and "Harry Potter" (both from Warner Brothers) have been announced in 3D a while ago beacause of the succes with 3D in Avatar. Maybe Inception will be in 3D too.

And you gotta admit that the folding cities could be cool in 3D.

What do you think?

BTW sorry for my poor English.

apw
I had to download that when the website first launched,

It's just a plugin to make the game work. It doesn't mean Inception will be in 3D (thank God).

Sorry then

But I don't recall downloading it when i first tried the website

Inception will thankfully not be in 3D.

I hope so, NOT.

Nolan probably hates 3D.

From an interview with Collider:

Christopher Nolan: Well, I've never been particularly interested in 3D filmmaking, mainly because you have to wear those goofy glasses, but actually, on a serious note, there are a lot of disadvantages with 3D because of the polarization of the lenses and the glasses, there's very little light that actually comes to the eyes. It's a very dim image, compared with 2D presentations. The grand scale of the cinema screen, the IMAX screen particularly, when viewed in 3D, becomes much more intimate. It shrinks it, effectively, and I think that my interest in cinema, to this point at least, has been in creating something that is larger than life and that speaks of a certain grandeur. 3D is a very intimate thing, and so it's not so much an audience experience as an individual experience. So, it has it's own requirements and demands, and as it develops as a technology I think it'll become more and more interesting, but I think at the moment we haven't yet pushed anywhere near as far as we should or could in terms of creating immersive 2D cinematic experiences.

This was in 2008, so his opinion might have changed since, but I doubt it.

Eternalist wrote:From an interview with Collider:

Christopher Nolan: Well, I've never been particularly interested in 3D filmmaking, mainly because you have to wear those goofy glasses, but actually, on a serious note, there are a lot of disadvantages with 3D because of the polarization of the lenses and the glasses, there's very little light that actually comes to the eyes. It's a very dim image, compared with 2D presentations. The grand scale of the cinema screen, the IMAX screen particularly, when viewed in 3D, becomes much more intimate. It shrinks it, effectively, and I think that my interest in cinema, to this point at least, has been in creating something that is larger than life and that speaks of a certain grandeur. 3D is a very intimate thing, and so it's not so much an audience experience as an individual experience. So, it has it's own requirements and demands, and as it develops as a technology I think it'll become more and more interesting, but I think at the moment we haven't yet pushed anywhere near as far as we should or could in terms of creating immersive 2D cinematic experiences.

I knew that I loved the man for some reason.

Love this guy. 3D storytelling on a 2D format.

If Nolan ever does 3D, I think someone entered his mind and planted an idea.