Inception Overated

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
nolanberg wrote:It's a great popcorn movie and it gently pushed the boundaries and conventions of it's genre. But it is by no means a deep film. It is overrated by those who call it a masterpiece or one of the best films ever made.
http://www.amazon.com/Inception-Philoso ... 894&sr=1-3

:JGLface:
"When art imitates life"

I can't stand when people say something is overrated just for shock value purposes. That's what seems to be going on here.

camocan wrote:Even the ending had a sort of hipster art student pretentiousness, did the totem fall or didnt it you decide; just awful, end a movie like a man for gods sake not with a parlor trick.
lol "art student pretentiousness"..
the totem falling or not falling doesn't matter... as long as Cobb believes that he is living in the real world he can remain
happy..

p.s. are u an art student? :lol:

camocan wrote:I like Nolan as much as the next person but as techinclly well made as Inception was the movie's story is fairly awful, overly elaborate, and redundant, a bloody sloppy mess. Even the ending had a sort of hipster art student pretentiousness, did the totem fall or didnt it you decide; just awful, end a movie like a man for gods sake not with a parlor trick. Definitley his weakest peice no where near as good as memento. Also would have enjoyed him going more into the science of how dreams actually work in the brain considering he did all that reasearch on the subject and decided to leave it completley out of the movie.
Go away and troll somewhere else. To everybody else, stop feeding the troll.

I think Inception is a guilty (or not so guilty) pleasure see and see again movie...

it's not as deep as some Joe Averages would or [pretentious?] Academicians would like to make it, but that's why it's a lot of fun... and it's easy to understand... and you're really taken in by the [to quote Nolan] emotional hook that is around Cobb and Mal. :-D

It's fine that someone thinks the film is overrated. Fair play or whatever. But most summer action flicks don't come under scrutiny plot wise like Inception did. Is it just because the film was popular so duh people are going to take a closer look or is it cuz it's a thought proving film for the most part?

I would say it's somewhere in the middle. Overall tho I think the goal of the film was to make a entertaing action film that didn't want you to check your brain at the door. I like that.
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:It's fine that someone thinks the film is overrated. Fair play or whatever. But most summer action flicks don't come under scrutiny plot wise like Inception did. Is it just because the film was popular so duh people are going to take a closer look or is it cuz it's a thought proving film for the most part?

I would say it's somewhere in the middle. Overall tho I think the goal of the film was to make a entertaing action film that didn't want you to check your brain at the door. I like that.
+1 I think people look at the film in the wrong way.

I strongly disagree but the dude has the right to express his opinion. I guess a lot of people would see Inception as a popcorn movie in disguise.
Do you... like pineapple?

The best film of 2010 Inception is far from overrated man .