Ledge scene is a dream.

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I just want to run an idea by you guys....
the scene of the wife's suicide was a dream. Just pay attention at the fact that Cobb is looking at his wife sitting on the window sill as though he was on the outside of the building, although he was and should have been inside of the same building too; and as a matter of fact he was inside the very same room where she apparently was, since they were to meet there. In fact, if you have the chance to wantch that scene again, you will notice that the furniture in her room is the same, same white sofa, same chandelier: of course she is jumping from that room's window, where else from? Therefore how is that he is looking at her as though she was on a different building on the other side of a narrow street?
Now, I know that maybe this is a streatch...but how would you explain that scene otherwise?
So, if that was a dream, the wife's suicide, then ...
What do you think about this? Please let me know...

Add another person to the list of reading way too much into this movie than they should. The movie explains to you what happens even Nolan stated what you see is what happened to paraphrase. Stop trying to figure out what you think happened and just enjoy what you see.

Mal was on the opposite side because she had planned her suicide to look like a murder if Cobb did not follow her jump. And it was the only way for her to try and convince Cobb to follow her when she indeed jumped. If only Cobb could have confessed right there, she might not have jumped. And Cobb did not jump because he knew they were in the real world. Mal's insanity and following suicide was caused indirectly by Cobb as he Incepted her, to make her snap out of "Limbo is reality" mode. Sadly that mode got stuck inside Mal's mind in reality too. Clearer?

iloveheat wrote:I just want to run an idea by you guys....
the scene of the wife's suicide was a dream. Just pay attention at the fact that Cobb is looking at his wife sitting on the window sill as though he was on the outside of the building, although he was and should have been inside of the same building too; and as a matter of fact he was inside the very same room where she apparently was, since they were to meet there. In fact, if you have the chance to wantch that scene again, you will notice that the furniture in her room is the same, same white sofa, same chandelier: of course she is jumping from that room's window, where else from? Therefore how is that he is looking at her as though she was on a different building on the other side of a narrow street?
Now, I know that maybe this is a streatch...but how would you explain that scene otherwise?
So, if that was a dream, the wife's suicide, then ...
What do you think about this? Please let me know...
She's in a different room than him in the same building.

Right...

iloveheat wrote:Right...
:neutral:

iloveheat wrote:Right...

Mal is dead for real.

Arthur explicitly tells Ariadne that Mal is dead while Cobb is in Mombasa, so Arthur and Ariadne's dialogue can't just be taking place in Cobb's subconscious.

If anything, the ledge scene might be somewhat "distorted" in Cobb's memory, but again, IMO this would probably be reading too much into it.

Lynn wrote:Mal is dead for real.

Arthur explicitly tells Ariadne that Mal is dead while Cobb is in Mombasa, so Arthur and Ariadne's dialogue can't just be taking place in Cobb's subconscious.

If anything, the ledge scene might be somewhat "distorted" in Cobb's memory, but again, IMO this would probably be reading too much into it.
This is true, I'd never thought of that before.

By the way, I have JGLs suit in that scene now!!!!