Couple of questions

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
1. Does each of the dreamer has his own LIMBO or is there a single layer called LIMBO for everyone?

2. when Fisher dies, he goes to Limbo , at this time even Saito would have been dead, even he is in Limbo, so if there is a common layer for limbo, then wouldn't fisher and Saito been together and ariadne could have brought back Saito while cobb would have brought back Fisher, both at the same time

i want to know,
what i have stated here, was it possible from what all we know from the movie

1. There is a common Limbo for people who are hooked up to the same dream machine.

2. Fischer goes to Limbo before Saito does. He goes there much earlier, and they are not together in Limbo. Not sure if that answers your question, wasn't quite sure what you were asking with this one.

karthiksac wrote:1. Does each of the dreamer has his own LIMBO or is there a single layer called LIMBO for everyone?

2. when Fisher dies, he goes to Limbo , at this time even Saito would have been dead, even he is in Limbo, so if there is a common layer for limbo, then wouldn't fisher and Saito been together and ariadne could have brought back Saito while cobb would have brought back Fisher, both at the same time

i want to know,
what i have stated here, was it possible from what all we know from the movie
2. Fischer did not know about Limbo at all, for him he was in "another dreamstate" as Mr Charles had told his subconscious. Saito formed a new reality which was about "being old and filled with regret, waiting to die alone." Which was something Cobb told Saito he would experience, after Saito had got shot. It seemed Cobb planted some radical notions differently about Limbo to both of them, and both of them treated Limbo differently as they went there.

This is all just a messy interpretation ^

The more I try to understand , the more I get confused .
Thanks Steveportee and Tykjen for ur response.

And one more thing is
1. When somebody dies in limbo, they wake up back in reality, isn't it...
Then when Ariadne and fischer die in limbo, they go back to the previous levels...
Isnt it contradiction.

karthiksac wrote:The more I try to understand , the more I get confused .

And one more thing is
Then when Ariadne and fischer die in limbo, they go back to the previous levels...
Isnt it contradiction.
When you die, you wake up in the previous dream level. This is demonstrated when Cobb shoots Arthur in the head in the opening sequence. However, Ariadne and Fischer don't die in Limbo, they are kicked.

steveportee wrote:
karthiksac wrote:The more I try to understand , the more I get confused .

And one more thing is
Isnt it contradiction.
When you die, you wake up in the previous dream level. This is demonstrated when Cobb shoots Arthur in the head in the opening sequence. However, Ariadne and Fischer don't die in Limbo, they are kicked.
I believe Ariadne killed herself in limbo, the landing of her fall snapped her up another level. Fischer got an improvised kick up that is a bit foggy still, but it seemed to be the fall, or the landing combined with the defibrillator kick from above. And to kick up a level, one needs to be kicked in the level [above], right?

It's probably the most unclear section of the entire film. The rule is set up that a kick comes from the level above you. For Fischer, the kick from above is him getting shocked by the defibrillator. For Ariadne, it's the collapsing of the snow fortress.

However, when Eames initially sets up the defibrillator on Fischer, Cobb says that it's no use, his mind is already trapped down there. So it seems to indicate that the kick from the level above isn't enough by itself, and that they also need a kick from below.

And I don't think that Ariadne died in Limbo to wake up, because she was still sedated, and dying when sedated won't wake someone up. That's why I think she woke up from the kick.

Yea of course, I forgot the powerful sedative. Rest of your points are spot on I'd say then. They did seem to improvise some things. Cobb said it was over as well after Fischer was shot, but Ariadne proposed something new.

That's some magical sedative. Dying in a dream won't shake it off, but some magical "kick" will. You trolls go to great and ridiculous lengths to re-enforce your delusions. The entire film is a dream, but you don't want to know that, you want to be fooled.

Rusty Shackleford wrote:That's some magical sedative. Dying in a dream won't shake it off, but some magical "kick" will. You trolls go to great and ridiculous lengths to re-enforce your delusions. The entire film is a dream, but you don't want to know that, you want to be fooled.
Because the sedative doesn't impact inner ear function, you dingus.
Last edited by steveportee on September 27th, 2011, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.