Inception - The Origin

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I was looking for the release dates in my country for 2010 and I found out some surprises (not so good ones, at least for me).
First: the release date for Inception here would be August 5th. I think it will be a woldwide release like TDK.
Even TDK was released a day before that USA in 2008 (here the release dates are on Thursday, not Friday).
Second (and worst): the title translation to spanish.
"El Origen" = The Origin, the source, the cause
That's make me wonder...the origin of what?
I guess they know something that we ignore so...
By the way, the translation is awful. It sounds like a really bad horror film to me.

Damned you WB. :thumbdown:

http://www.cinesargentinos.com.ar/pelic ... el-origen/

apw
What would be a better translation of Inception for your country?

apw wrote:What would be a better translation of Inception for your country?
Not translation at all. Like Memento, or UP, etc.

Sounds pretty dumb. :P

Should've kept it as Inception.

I think "Origin" is the best translation for the word "inception", because it means the same thing. Here in Hungary it will be called "Origin" too, and that's what I expected, so it isn't a surprise to me. If they kept the title "Inception", no one could have pronounce it, because it's an unusual English word :D Of course I can pronounce it well, but most of the people can't.

the translation makes sense since inception is the beginning, or origin, of an idea.

its not as cool of a name as inception, but honestly does it matter? its still the same movie

"Inception" is a formal word and the best translation it could be "foundation" (at least in spanish). It refers to the start of an organization or institution more than an idea.
The movie is the same but the perception of the audience, if the title is awful, could change.

in·cep·tion (ĭn-sěp'shən)
n. The beginning of something, such as an undertaking; a commencement. See Synonyms at origin.

Well that solves it.

Wasn't there a Charles Darwin biopic coming out titled Origin?

Eternalist wrote:Wasn't there a Charles Darwin biopic coming out titled Origin?
I think so, I want to see that.