Is this true?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I got this from the IMDB trivia page so it might not be entirely accurate which is why I'm asking this question here.
After Evan Rachel Wood turned down the role of Ariadne, Christopher Nolan considered casting Emily Blunt, Keira Knightley and Emma Roberts, but chose Ellen Page instead.
The others, I can understand. They are good actresses. But Emma Roberts? Really? She is the worst actress of her generation. I think that this isn't true. And I really hope it isn't. It did come from IMDB after all.

Never heard of her till now. And from looking at her filmography just now, I'm not surprised I haven't considering she's really only appeared in family films.

I don't see what the big deal is though about her being considered for Inception. Every child actor makes that transition at some point into more dramatic and serious material.

I don't see what the big deal is though about her being considered for Inception. Every child actor makes that transition at some point into more dramatic and serious material.
I agree with that, but I have seen some of her work, and she truly is a bad actress. I know that she has only been in family films, but she doesn't show potential. There are a lot of child actors who do cheesy family movies, but some of them show potential and go on to become amazing actors! Emma just can't act. She can't even sound convincing. If this rumor is true, I'm surprised that Nolan even considered her.

I can't speak anymore in her defense beyond my last comment since I don't know her. If it is Nolan's list and not the studio's, consider the fact that all the more accomplished actresses are at the top. I think with the way these casting things go in Hollywood is that even when you have your first choice and its a fixed one, you still need a list of other potentials as a safety.

Since Nolan is the writer and Roberts was a possibility of what kind of character Ariadne was going to be, it probably had more to do with how he saw the character (a young college girl) over "who else" could possibly play her.

evan rachel woods is pretty horrific too

should have went with blunt or carey mulligan

Evan Rachel Wood is a fine actress. And she's just plain fine as well. Emma Roberts is Eric Roberts' daughter so maybe Eric - after being in Dark Knight - got her an audition or something.

apw
Sounds like typical IMDB rubbish.

I think Ellen page is perfect for her role and I'm glad she is in a Nolan movie. Really focused actress. I am not all impressed by Juno, but her part in Juno was the reason people bought tickets for the movie.

And Michael Cera... he's getting on my last nerves these days. Every movie of him he has the same expression on his face and same idiotic meant to be funny dialogues. What's with 'Youth In Revolt' - God!!!

peteagassi wrote:Evan Rachel Wood is a fine actress. And she's just plain fine as well. Emma Roberts is Eric Roberts' daughter so maybe Eric - after being in Dark Knight - got her an audition or something.

have you seen her in true blood? she was horrible

There hasn't been any news report or confirmation of that outside iMDB, which leads me to conclude that it's most likely not true.

It really doesn't make much sense either. Look at the sheer amount of talent that's attached themselves to Inception. Most of them have been nominated and some have even won Oscars. Evan Rachel Wood would be a fool if she passed up this kind of opportunity.

Anyways, I'm glad Ariadne's role went to Page. I'm more excited to see her in the role.