Inception: questions about Ariadne...

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Posts: 2096
Joined: June 2011
prince0gotham wrote:I love the naturalism and their approach a lot. And I love french cinema. I'm ignorrant about it, but when I see a french movie it's always special. I mean, especially their comedies. I just don't know how they're able to find actors so good and so many of them. I mean all of them are... there's not one moment where an actor is doing only one thing... they're always doing complicated stuff in an interesting and believable way that's still artsy. As I like to say, it's great to look at even with the sound off.
Did you see "Amelie", "A very long engagement" or "The City of the Lost Children"? These movies were made by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, who's a very talented director (he's the one who directed Alien Resurrection) Great films! :twothumbsup:

User avatar
Posts: 15426
Joined: June 2010
Location: You're pretty good.
No actually. Amelie is one of the most irritatingly popular movie with Audrey Tautou. I mean I'm sure that the movie has to be good for those reasons, but something's been keeping me away from it. All the girls around here love that movie and that bugs me. I've always told myself that I'll watch it some day, but I've never remembered to. As for the other ones I've only read reviews too. I told you, I don't watch a lot of french cinema, but the ones I have have showed me enough.

Posts: 4526
Joined: May 2011
Location: Insomnia, Norway
Flying Rodent wrote:Did you see "Amelie", "A very long engagement" or "The City of the Lost Children"? These movies were made by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, who's a very talented director (he's the one who directed Alien Resurrection) Great films! :twothumbsup:
His vision is second to none. And grats on the exam, math is all greek to me :P But I find it fascinating. Mathematics is the language of nature.

Posts: 353
Joined: August 2011
Location: In The Shadows
Very interesting post, I like it when people ask questions and wish for others' input on things.

Some of your obversations seemed over the top. When you said "it seems weird" when Caine says "This way", well, I don't understand how thats weird. That is the way to get home...

Posts: 2096
Joined: June 2011
mratm23 wrote:Very interesting post, I like it when people ask questions and wish for others' input on things.

Some of your obversations seemed over the top. When you said "it seems weird" when Caine says "This way", well, I don't understand how thats weird. That is the way to get home...
First thank you. :)

I've read my post again and actually, I would change a lot of things if I had to write it again now. :lol:
But to me, when Caine says "this way", it's symbolism. He shows the way to Cobb just like he was building this "way" as they walk. So therefore he's building Cobb's reality. And if he builds it, then it's not reality anymore. I just found that paradoxical. But however, that's just my interpretation of the quote. :D

Posts: 20
Joined: June 2011
Actually "This way" is a gem of a line. The many meanings seem to spread out, like a tree's branches. That's da life in Inception

User avatar
Posts: 266
Joined: December 2011
Location: Amsterdam
Flying Rodent wrote:OK people, so I'm talking about psychological analysis in here.

My conclusion: considering that Ariadne was Mile's mean to bring Cobb back home, then he could be the guy who leads everything since the beginning of the movie...

What do you guys think? All your suggestions are welcome! :)
"I would not be standing here if I knew any other way" - Dom Cobb

He used Caine from the beginning to find an architect and get home to his kids - END of story... do not overlook the obvious. Caine did not "lead" anything. :facepalm:

Posts: 4526
Joined: May 2011
Location: Insomnia, Norway
Cobb told Ariadne about the special property of the top..
So of course the ending does not matter if it falters or spins and spins incase she built the design ^

User avatar
Posts: 266
Joined: December 2011
Location: Amsterdam
tykjen wrote:Cobb told Ariadne about the special property of the top..
So of course the ending does not matter if it falters or spins and spins incase she built the design ^
Fail theory. Try again :suicide:

Posts: 4526
Joined: May 2011
Location: Insomnia, Norway
cclem wrote:
tykjen wrote:Cobb told Ariadne about the special property of the top..
So of course the ending does not matter if it falters or spins and spins incase she built the design ^
Fail theory. Try again :suicide:
Fail? Don't you ever think for yourself again I guess..
The theory that Miles and Ariadne is in charge of Cobb's redemption is not far fetched at all. But it is not one I favor.
Anyway, the end with the top is THE red herring to cover all red herrings.

Post Reply