Tom Hardy Presents Visionary Award to Christopher Nolan

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
hoppity-kick wrote:Who said that Nolan is a dry person???!!!
He definitely has a more dry and emotionally reserved personality then, well, any director during interviews. :lol:

Nice to see Nolan come out of his shell a little here, he's a funny guy. :thumbup:

I remember JGL saying he was surprised how funny Nolan was on the set of Inception. Nice to finally see some of it :lol:

Could someone please transcribe some of his comic quotes? My hearing comprehension sucks, and I'm quite curious to know what he said. :neutral:

i always pictured Nolan as being funny...he has that witty sense of humor

jeez Tom needs to quit smoking, every time he takes a breath he sounds like he has a bunch of shit in his throat

Christ Nolan For the next oscar host!!! :goNF:

natalie wrote:Christ Nolan For the next oscar host!!! :goNF:
Hell yeah :twothumbsup: :goNF:

Oneironaut wrote:Could someone please transcribe some of his comic quotes? My hearing comprehension sucks, and I'm quite curious to know what he said. :neutral:
Yes, please..!!! :(

LOL, Nolan's speech is nice! He is quite funny actually.

Oneironaut wrote:Could someone please transcribe some of his comic quotes? My hearing comprehension sucks, and I'm quite curious to know what he said. :neutral:
" Thank you very much. It's a great honour to be getting an award from the VES society. I feel a little guilty receiving it from you guys as somebody who often appears in the press talking about my use of CG like an actress talking about her use of botox.... Because this is an inaugural award the true weight of this award won't be known until we see who else you give it to. So I would encourage to think about that.. don't be afraid to go posthumous.. it would be great to see past recipients like Christopher Nolan, D.W. Griffith, Stanley Kubrick."

hoppity-kick wrote:Who said that Nolan is a dry person???!!!
I always took the dry comments to be in a dry/sarcastic/wit sense of the word, as in, he's very funny but its not a humour everyone will understand or immediately get.