THE NEXT TRAILER

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
talli wrote:if they didnt think this was going to be extremely successful they wouldnt have given Nolan 200 million...simple as that
That's still a rumor so...:\

it is?

i thought it was confirmed in the same article that mentioned the locations that they're shooting at

and with such a vast variety of grandiose locations, it makes sense that so much money would be needed

The report came from a Canadian news source so the $200 million budget figure may be in Canadian dollars.

Eternalist wrote:The report came from a Canadian news source so the $200 million budget figure may be in Canadian dollars.

but the same article mentioned that the dark knight was $170 million

so either way, the studio expects it to be bigger than dark knight

The first trailer for The Dark Knight (I'm not talking about the teaser) had me all giddy for months...no joke. I think it's one of the best movie trailers I have ever seen. Of course, I absolutely love the film and was eagerly anticipating it since it was announced, but that doesn't change the fact that the trailer was so well made. The footage was incredible, and it didn't really give a lot away (the second trailer kind of did, at least with the Two-Face thing). I know that Christopher Nolan is involved in how the trailers are put together, obviously, so I am expecting an amazing trailer for Inception. I will buy a movie ticket just to see the effing trailer. :D

Anyway, I am expecting definitely some sort of plot elements to be revealed in the trailer. I also expect to get an idea of exactly what kind of film it will be. I had no clue whatsoever about the Matrix-style fighting before the teaser dropped. I think the main trailer will include a bit more of that...and probably some dialogue. Also, I expect to see other characters introduced, not just Leo. Of course, with The Dark Knight, Aaron Eckhart's character wasn't even mentioned in the first trailer (not the teaser).

I'm getting a bit carried away, but this talk makes me so excited. Chris Nolan is the epitome of directing!

Alright, lastly. Do you think that Inception will have two trailers, like The Dark Knight? I certainly hope so--I know that some feature films only have one. But with a huge budget and stars and etc...there has to be two, right?

talli wrote:it is?

i thought it was confirmed in the same article that mentioned the locations that they're shooting at
It's only confirmed when WB confirms it.

Any new rumblings on when the next trailer will drop? I'm betting it will debut with Avatar in December, but that's just a guess.

peteagassi wrote:Any new rumblings on when the next trailer will drop? I'm betting it will debut with Avatar in December, but that's just a guess.
Yea, that's what I'm guessing too. Either that or nothing until April '10.

Didn't The Dark Knight have a trailer out in December? I wouldn't be surprised if they follow a timeframe similar to that since they seemed eager to get out a teaser fairly early.

If the next trailer debuts this year, I suspect it being attached to Sherlock Holmes - which is on Christmas. Seems like a good idea to me, but they might wait 'til March.