What problems/issues you had with Inception?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Vader182 wrote:I found a tiny mistake actually. As they first enter the snow level, Cobb says "Eames, this is your dream.." and continues on explaining he needs to bring them away from the fortress. Thing is, Fischer's standing right there and could've probably overheard, haha.
The script states 'Cobb pulls Eames out of Fischer's earshot...' but I agree it doesn't look that way in the film!

markweatherill wrote:
Vader182 wrote:I found a tiny mistake actually. As they first enter the snow level, Cobb says "Eames, this is your dream.." and continues on explaining he needs to bring them away from the fortress. Thing is, Fischer's standing right there and could've probably overheard, haha.
The script states 'Cobb pulls Eames out of Fischer's earshot...' but I agree it doesn't look that way in the film!
As I stated before, this isn't a mistake. Cobb says nothing that Fischer shouldn't hear. There's no reason why Fischer can't know that they are in Eames' dream.

steveportee wrote:
markweatherill wrote:
As I stated before, this isn't a mistake. Cobb says nothing that Fischer shouldn't hear. There's no reason why Fischer can't know that they are in Eames' dream.
If it wasn't something he shouldn't have heard, why did Cobb pull Eames out of earshot?

Vader182 wrote: If it wasn't something he shouldn't have heard, why did Cobb pull Eames out of earshot?
I don't know, but it seems like Nolan decided there wasn't a good enough reason for that, so he changed it in the actual filming. Because if you watch the scene, Fischer is looking directly at Cobb when he starts giving the plan. And there's no reason why he shouldn't hear what Cobb says.

Maybe in the script, Cobb was being extra cautious in case a detail accidentally slipped out that Fischer shouldn't hear. But nothing Cobb says would tip off Fischer that he's being lied to, so I don't believe that this is a mistake in the film at all.

AverageDrafter wrote:I always thought the time left to finish the job was a bit off, and it didn't really need to be (I think there was enough dramatic tension without cheating the time element so much). One explanation could be that Cobb did not know that the drawbridge was raised, so that his estimation of how long it would take to hit the water was off. Or that he failed physics and didn't calculate the fall well enough.

A more satisfying, but slightly more complex answer, is that Cobb didn't directly experience the railing kick on the snow fortress level. He sees the avalanche that the kick released, but the effect that caused the avalanche happened well before the snow reaches them. Because he doesn't know the exact moment the raling kick happened, he can't really accuratly determine how long it will be before they hit the water. Particularly because he is TWO levels away and timing errors will be multiplied twice.

Auther on the otherhand, is only one level away and DEFINATLY felt the kick (which should have woken him up, but then we would miss the merry chase!), and given his meticulous personality, probably knew exactly how long he had to finish the job. Which is good, because the only way to let the snow fortress dreamers know the water kick is coming is with the music cue, and he will have to start that cue without a cue of his own (since Yusef is kinda busy).
no it wouldn't. he would of happen to be falling back instead of forward with an unknown feeling of he's about to die. arthur fell forward and not only that he didn't crash into anything. he just floated.

the only REAL mistake is YUSEF should of awaken from the dream, and did not. And the only plausible explanation for that would be his sedative being different from the others. I mean, he can't exactly jump back to reality or the 1st dream level would collapse

steveportee wrote:
Vader182 wrote: If it wasn't something he shouldn't have heard, why did Cobb pull Eames out of earshot?
I don't know, but it seems like Nolan decided there wasn't a good enough reason for that, so he changed it in the actual filming. Because if you watch the scene, Fischer is looking directly at Cobb when he starts giving the plan. And there's no reason why he shouldn't hear what Cobb says.

Maybe in the script, Cobb was being extra cautious in case a detail accidentally slipped out that Fischer shouldn't hear. But nothing Cobb says would tip off Fischer that he's being lied to, so I don't believe that this is a mistake in the film at all.
I dunno about that, Cobb makes loads of mistakes throughout the film.

Vader182 wrote:
I guess my question to you is, what exactly does Cobb say that Fischer shouldn't be hearing? I can't think of anything.

steveportee wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
I guess my question to you is, what exactly does Cobb say that Fischer shouldn't be hearing? I can't think of anything.
exactly, fischer is aware that he's in a dream already...he's only under the assumption that browning is the subject and they're extracting info from them.

gluvnast wrote:exactly, fischer is aware that he's in a dream already...he's only under the assumption that browning is the subject and they're extracting info from them.
It always amuses me when people confuse dreamer with subject or vice-versa.
gib sigs

steveportee wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
I'll admit I'm wrong on this one, I honestly can't think of anything really.