Little moments in the background that are easy to miss?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Posts: 18329
Joined: February 2011
Noobie wrote:Copied from IMDB trivia(which contains a lot of hidden details),dunno if it is a moment to be missed:

The slow, gloomy, blaring trombones in the main theme of the film score are actually based on an extremely slowed down version of the fast, high pitched trumpets in the beginning of the Édith Piaf song "Non, je ne regrette rien," which is used as a plot device in the film. Furthermore, when music is heard by someone who is currently within a dream, the music is perceived as slowed down. Thus, the main theme of the film score is almost exactly what the beginning of "Non, je ne regrette rien" would sound like to a dreamer. This thematic device is brought to its logical conclusion when the song plays at the end of the credits, signaling that the audience is about to 'wake up' from the film. ;) :D
Yeah, I assume that's pretty well know around here. :lol:

Posts: 18
Joined: February 2012
Mason wrote: Yeah, I assume that's pretty well know around here. :lol:
Me too :D

Posts: 18
Joined: February 2012
Any truth in this line ?This is when cobb jumps off the floor in the first scene of Mombasa chase ,when a man says

You are not dreaming here .Are you?

User avatar
Posts: 1752
Joined: July 2011
Location: UK
Noobie wrote:Any truth in this line ?This is when cobb jumps off the floor in the first scene of Mombasa chase ,when a man says

You are not dreaming here .Are you?
I thought he said; 'You're not dreaming now, are you?'

To indicate that he couldn't hide/survive when they try to kill him...because it was real life.

Posts: 90
Joined: March 2012
And that goon must have actually dreamt about saying that to Cobb if he ever met him in real life 8-)

Posts: 18
Joined: February 2012
madcowre wrote:
Noobie wrote:Any truth in this line ?This is when cobb jumps off the floor in the first scene of Mombasa chase ,when a man says

You are not dreaming here .Are you?
I thought he said; 'You're not dreaming now, are you?'

To indicate that he couldn't hide/survive when they try to kill him...because it was real life.
Yeah..But how do yo fit in Saito presence to protect his investments.. :P
Meraxes wrote:And that goon must have actually dreamt about saying that to Cobb if he ever met him in real life 8-)
8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)

User avatar
Posts: 10425
Joined: January 2011
Location: Waiting for a train
Level 2, in the hotel, Ariadne's dress suit is almost a replica of the air hostess' uniform on the plane. Ariadne also has an up-hairdo.
Image

User avatar
Posts: 13593
Joined: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
the_red_ninja wrote:Level 2, in the hotel, Ariadne's dress suit is almost a replica of the air hostess' uniform on the plane. Ariadne also has an up-hairdo.
Done because it would've been pain in the ass to make hair movement in zero gravity.
gib sigs

Posts: 128
Joined: February 2011
Noobie wrote:Copied from IMDB trivia(which contains a lot of hidden details),dunno if it is a moment to be missed:

The slow, gloomy, blaring trombones in the main theme of the film score are actually based on an extremely slowed down version of the fast, high pitched trumpets in the beginning of the Édith Piaf song "Non, je ne regrette rien," which is used as a plot device in the film. Furthermore, when music is heard by someone who is currently within a dream, the music is perceived as slowed down. Thus, the main theme of the film score is almost exactly what the beginning of "Non, je ne regrette rien" would sound like to a dreamer. This thematic device is brought to its logical conclusion when the song plays at the end of the credits, signaling that the audience is about to 'wake up' from the film. ;) :D

So then, Mal didn't commit suicide, she just left the theater?
Image

User avatar
Posts: 13593
Joined: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
author wrote:
Noobie wrote:Copied from IMDB trivia(which contains a lot of hidden details),dunno if it is a moment to be missed:

The slow, gloomy, blaring trombones in the main theme of the film score are actually based on an extremely slowed down version of the fast, high pitched trumpets in the beginning of the Édith Piaf song "Non, je ne regrette rien," which is used as a plot device in the film. Furthermore, when music is heard by someone who is currently within a dream, the music is perceived as slowed down. Thus, the main theme of the film score is almost exactly what the beginning of "Non, je ne regrette rien" would sound like to a dreamer. This thematic device is brought to its logical conclusion when the song plays at the end of the credits, signaling that the audience is about to 'wake up' from the film. ;) :D

So then, Mal didn't commit suicide, she just left the theater?
Image
Hell of a way to leave theater. :lol:
gib sigs

Post Reply