Possibility that Cobb never woke up from Yusuf's basement?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
My friend thinks that Cobb never woke up from Yusuf's basement, and from that point on it was all a dream. Confirm or Deny. Talk amongst yourselves.

I've considered this as well, but I still think it's reality. I think everything in mombasa was put there to confuse you

Jackson wrote:My friend thinks that Cobb never woke up from Yusuf's basement, and from that point on it was all a dream. Confirm or Deny. Talk amongst yourselves.
Is that like, "my friend has this erectile dysfunction problem..."?

Negative here.

The scenes in the film that are presented as reality are reality. The dropped top injects a bit of drama but its only intention is to keep theories like this, and the one about Cobb being in a coma the whole time, being churned out and to take your eye off the ball while the real story's going on elsewhere.

I consider the movie to be straight forward; the ending is reality and the dream/reality similarities are only there to instill doubt. However, out of all the dream theories i think this is the most valid one, where Cobb is dreaming from the point he tries Yusuf's sedative.

Jackson wrote:My friend thinks that Cobb never woke up from Yusuf's basement, and from that point on it was all a dream. Confirm or Deny. Talk amongst yourselves.

Entirely possible, but will we ever *really* know the truth? No.

The scene was also there so Saito could glimpse and recognise the "spinning top" later.

Nope, eventually Yusuf would wake him up along with the other dudes hooked up.

chee wrote:Nope, eventually Yusuf would wake him up along with the other dudes hooked up.
Maybe that happens after the end of the movie.

Jackson wrote:
chee wrote:Nope, eventually Yusuf would wake him up along with the other dudes hooked up.
Maybe that happens after the end of the movie.
Ah - the sequel. What really happened on the job.