I joined this forum just to post this...

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
okay, so call i might turn out to be a one post whore, or maybe not. But anyways I scoured the forum search trying to find the answers to a couple questions, had no luck...

so experts please help me...

We see Cobb last (with a stab wound) with a dying Mal in a skyscraper that is falling apart. Assuming he dies shortly after the building falls, how is it that he doesn't awake from Limbo assuming he died in the building? And if we presume he DIDNT die in the building with Mal, how would awake on the "shores of consciousness" again in Limbo after never leaving it, and already having arrived with Ariadne in the exact same fashion.

Since waking up on the shore is a sign you just entered Limbo (does it with Mal as well), that means Cobb needed to have left it already...But he didn't...WTF?
Or does he just magically re appear in limbo (without a stab wound) conveniently with no explanation?...

and finally...

How does Ariadne and Cobb even realize they are in limbo? Limbo is the beast that it is only because they say its nearly impossible to differentiate reality from the dream state...so how is it that BOTH of them are so completely aware that they are in Limbo? I dont buy "Cobb has already been there/Cobb possesses an ability that nobody else has and can just tell"...

It is VERY interesting to note the differences in behavior when Cobb is in Limbo with Ariadne, versus with Saito. With Ariadne, hes there mentally and aware hes in limbo. Then BAM!!! Hes mush, beaten up, and lost when hes in Limbo with Saito...

HOW DOES THAT WORK?...

Im beginning to think that there were 6 levels of dreaming...

Because the hole movie is just a Cobb dream. :D There you go-everything explained,no need to thank me ;)

Mr. Caine, nooooooooooooo...

joal0503 wrote:We see Cobb last (with a stab wound) with a dying Mal in a skyscraper that is falling apart. Assuming he dies shortly after the building falls, how is it that he doesn't awake from Limbo assuming he died in the building? And if we presume he DIDNT die in the building with Mal, how would awake on the "shores of consciousness" again in Limbo after never leaving it, and already having arrived with Ariadne in the exact same fashion.

Since waking up on the shore is a sign you just entered Limbo (does it with Mal as well), that means Cobb needed to have left it already...But he didn't...WTF?
Or does he just magically re appear in limbo (without a stab wound) conveniently with no explanation?...
Maybe Cobb leaves the building and drowned in the water. After that, he wakes up on "shores of consciousness".
joal0503 wrote:How does Ariadne and Cobb even realize they are in limbo? Limbo is the beast that it is only because they say its nearly impossible to differentiate reality from the dream state...so how is it that BOTH of them are so completely aware that they are in Limbo? I dont buy "Cobb has already been there/Cobb possesses an ability that nobody else has and can just tell"...
Ariadne and Cobb aware that they are entering limbo, so they don't get lost.
joal0503 wrote:It is VERY interesting to note the differences in behavior when Cobb is in Limbo with Ariadne, versus with Saito. With Ariadne, hes there mentally and aware hes in limbo. Then BAM!!! Hes mush, beaten up, and lost when hes in Limbo with Saito...
Maybe it's because Cobb has drowned in the water for a long time.

Sorry if my answer is not good. Maybe you could try IMDb FAQ.

Maybe Cobb leaves the building and drowned in the water. After that, he wakes up on "shores of consciousness".

No.

Ariadne and Cobb aware that they are entering limbo, so they don't get lost.

No.

Maybe it's because Cobb has drowned in the water for a long time.

And no.

joal0503 wrote: Ariadne and Cobb aware that they are entering limbo, so they don't get lost.

No.
Yes.

billh777 wrote:
joal0503 wrote: Ariadne and Cobb aware that they are entering limbo, so they don't get lost.

No.
Yes.
Yes "No" or yes "Ariadne and Cobb aware that they are entering limbo, so they don't get lost"?

Anne Elk (Miss) wrote:
billh777 wrote:
Yes.
Yes "No" or yes "Ariadne and Cobb aware that they are entering limbo, so they don't get lost"?
Oops :lol: To be more clear, I think Ariadne and Cobb being aware they are entering limbo is why they don't get lost there.

Nope. That would negate all of the negative fear that the rest of the team (as well as the whole incident with Mal) has experienced. If they simply had to know about Limbo to evade it's power then they wouldn't care so much about not dying, slipping too far, etc...

Maybe this explains why Cobb looks so young compared to Saito? Perhaps Cobb was searching for Saito for a long time and ended up dying in the process. Because he was still sedated on the plane, Cobb woke up again in limbo looking like his young self.