Fischer at the end

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
chee wrote:You misheard. :lol:
Yeah I just checked. It sounds more like "Neil". Nice last lines though: "Neil, look what I've been building!" - "What have you been building?" Neil's last line should have been - "Eh, now, there'll be none of that - there'll be no building in this house. Not on my watch."

I dont remember the movie specifically explaining how everyone got from the first level back to the plane which leads me to believe that they just were there unil their time ran out. So they would have been on that level for a week, probably not interacting with eachother. By the time they got out he would have probably forgotten the dream and especially forgotten the people he was with a week ago in the dream. Or I'm completely wrong...

markweatherill wrote:I reckon the answer is that Fischer doesn't have to remember the strange dream he had on the plane in any detail.

It's enough that the idea has been planted and that, I think, is what is occupying his mind after he wakes up. He sees Cobb and probably thinks that guy looks familiar, oh yes, he was sat behind me on the plane but what else, can't remember, doesn't matter, but I really do think I should get started on breaking up the business...
Nice explanation.

I also thought maybe Yusef tailored the drug to help Fischer forget the lower dream levels, but that's just me writing fan fiction ;)

Smile wrote:Remembering a dream after you woke up can take years of practice.
Cobb said something like that.
Yep, thats what I was going to say. He gives Cobb a bit of a funny look but its probably like Deja Vu. Thats why Cobb tries to stop fisher from seeing his face too clearly before the dream.

Fisher probably should have recognised Saito though.

I think that Fischer just didn't remember the dream. I don't think that he recognized Saito either, because Saito wasn't Fischer's rival, but Maurice Fischers (Fischer Sr) so they probably hadn't met before.

You're all forgetting that Fisher saw Cobb before he fell asleep so that's another reason for him to doubt there's something wrong with him. I mean even if he did have some kind of a familiarity feeling when he saw Cobb on the airport after the landing he could've just explained it automatically with the fact that he saw and communicated with him a bit before the dream.

On the other hand, Fisher not remembering anything is one of the 'it's too good to be true' details about the ending which add to its controversy and the possibility of it being a dream again.

So it makes sense.

Actually, I think Fischer expresses a sense of Deja vu as Cobb walks by him in baggage claim. At least more obvious than on the plane...