Create a maze in two minutes that is resolvable in just one.

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I've searched and didn't find anything, if there is already a post about it I'm sorry.

In Inception, when Cobb meets Ariadne first, he asks her to create maze in two minutes that is resolvable in just one: why?
I can't understand, if you create a maze with such properties your maze sucks, it should be "create a maze in one minute that isn't resolvable in less of two minutes"... I mean, create a simple maze is a simplest thing, you can just draw an empty rectangle, it is resolvable in less than one minute, isn't it?

So, how do you explain this?

Whoa!! You got confused at this simple point :lol: :lol: I wonder what was your reaction after the 3 level kick sequence :lol:

Cob asked Ariadne to build a maze in two minutes that takes atleast a minute to solve, or in other words takes more than one minute to solve. Thus ensuring that maze created is complex enough and he gave her just two minutes to judge her speed.

I'm guessing that english is not your mother-tongue and in that case this query seems legit but if not then :x :x

waveking wrote:Whoa!! You got confused at this simple point :lol: :lol: I wonder what was your reaction after the 3 level kick sequence :lol:

Cob asked Ariadne to build a maze in two minutes that takes atleast a minute to solve, or in other words takes more than one minute to solve. Thus ensuring that maze created is complex enough and he gave her just two minutes to judge her speed.

I'm guessing that english is not your mother-tongue and in that case this query seems legit but if not then :x :x
Ahaha, knowing it, it seems just so simple and I so dumb! :D

Well, I could haven't understood that, but i think to have understood the 3 dream level :mrgreen:

BTW, yes, i'm Italian, i don't already know english pretty weel :(

Try creating a maze in 2 mins that is not resolveable in less than a minute. You'll get surprised, its nearly impossible.

Jonas Agersø wrote:Try creating a maze in 2 mins that is not resolveable in less than a minute. You'll get surprised, its nearly impossible.
I've never tried, tomorrow I'll try with a friend of mine (during a boring lesson at school :mrgreen: )

Andrea wrote:
Jonas Agersø wrote:Try creating a maze in 2 mins that is not resolveable in less than a minute. You'll get surprised, its nearly impossible.
I've never tried, tomorrow I'll try with a friend of mine (during a boring lesson at school :mrgreen: )
Yeah, do that :D