After the Hype: Verdict?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
RomanM wrote:Doesn't mean there isn't a better way to handle it. Seriously it's not that complicated to begin with and her Q&A session with DiCaprio are so heavy handed. It's more so her therapy and self righteousness that eats away at me. Like where do you get the nerve you college twit! Ugh and the whole I'm going to tell the rookie all my life instead of my most trusted partner. I never like that narrative tool. Testament to the rest of the film that I still very much love the movie.
Most college kids are twits tho. And most of the time people do dump emotional crap on someone they don't know all too well. If he would have told his partner that stuff it would have thrown their own relationship off. Besides he knew anyway. He just went along with it because he is his partner after all.
Say Girl

thenextnolan wrote:
neo78956 wrote:I think the snow level is pretty awesome, and Ariadne is the audience's thorough-fare into the story and the universe of the film. If anything, the snow fortress tells us that if any director in hollywood could pull off Metal Gear Solid, it's Nolan. 8-)
i now know what my friend youtube meant by wanting chris nolan to make a metal gear solid movie. that would b incredible. ellen page was gr8 in my opinion in this movie. however she did have the WORST line in the entire movie.
Honestly, now that I think about it, I can name one actor who could actually play Solid Snake other than my stubborn desire for David Hayter to be cast. Christian Bale. DUH. I've heard that Nolan has said video games aren't really his bag, but he does like the Metal Gear Solid series quite a bit. Honestly, after TDKR, I would like to see Nolan do Bond, Metal Gear Solid, or something Prestige-esque.

I don't want a Metal Gear film... its the most ridiculous incoherent narrative out there. Convolution posing as depth. MGS3 is the best simply because it's narrative is the most emotionally impactful and focused.

RomanM wrote:I don't want a Metal Gear film... its the most ridiculous incoherent narrative out there. Convolution posing as depth. MGS3 is the best simply because it's narrative is the most emotionally impactful and focused.
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on MGS. I find the whole series utterly compelling on an intellectual and emotional level.

MGS2 was a fucking mess. The rest are pretty awesome. MGS3 was amazing and MGS1 still holds up. At least to me. I can still go back and play it. MGS4 was great in some ways. The videos were just way too fucking long. But if your a long time fan you really don't mind too much.
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:MGS2 was a fucking mess. The rest are pretty awesome. MGS3 was amazing and MGS1 still holds up. At least to me. I can still go back and play it. MGS4 was great in some ways. The videos were just way too fucking long. But if your a long time fan you really don't mind too much.
I never said the gameplay wasn't good. The gameplay is what keeps me playing. The story is a fucking joke though. MGS3 being the main exception. I was genuinely moved by MGS3 to an extent. It had a lot of ridiculous, campy, verbose, and unimportant fluff, but the heart of the story was touching.

I wouldn't say the story is a joke in MGS1 or 4. The 3rd one was the best tho. I mean they are ridiculous but to me that was kinda what made me like it. All the attention to detail for pointless things. lol
Say Girl

i dont get how inception could be called film of generation...makes no sense...it has no relevancy to our generation....its just a great scifi concept

the term "film of the generation" implies that the film speaks for OUR times

Talli go away with your LOGICAL THINKING. :lol:

talli wrote:i dont get how inception could be called film of generation...makes no sense...it has no relevancy to our generation....its just a great scifi concept

the term "film of the generation" implies that the film speaks for OUR times
Or it could be a film that tons and tons of people from a certain generation love.....kinda like um idk the first Star Wars film.
It can work both ways. Tho I don't think Inception is the film of any generation. And besides you can't really tell if a movie is gonna be a "film of the generation" till years after the fact. At least in the case of the kinda film I just mentioned.

Going by your definition you can call lots of flicks "film of a generation"
Say Girl