US INCEPTION Limited Edition Blu-ray Briefcase Gift Set

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
1st reaction

Ok, I only watched a small fraction tonight, but already from what I tested this seems like it has amazing quality!! I ended up only renting TDK blu ray and besides the imax scenes, I was not escatic. Besides the picture quality, I could barely hear the music accompanying the sound of dialouge/effects. I would turn up the volume so high as to hear more music, but then it would be way too loud for the big sound explosions.

This issue seems to have improved greatly from what I tested. I can now enjoy more of a presence from the music themes during the scenes as I did in the theater viewings. Picture quality is also greatly improved. Maybe not perfect (slightly disappointed by look in hotel hallway) but still worthwhile.
One of the most gratifying parts was when I watched the opening credits/sequence. Not only is that "half-remembered dream" one of my favorite intros in a movie (which it did deliver good here), but when we see the opening shots of the waves the sounds of them move around my surround sound with such might, yet some of the most pristine clarity I've ever heard. I was like "Holy f#$%!" So my suggestion is that you do upgrade to blu ray ASAP, but if nothing else try to make sure you have a good surround sound system (DVD or blu ray). I'm sure the DVd is up to par for it's potential, also. You can have the biggest screen in the world, but ultimately sound is more than half the experience. And I'm sure the rest of the film is just as good, and can give any more comments after watching the entire thing, but for now this purchase seemed quite amazing! Well worth it here :thumbup:

movieman1005 wrote:Image This is now my FB profile pic.

Also took a video of me while opening it, don't know if that would be helpful
Where did you get that ace t-shirt?

Where did you get that ace t-shirt?
I believe you can buy it from Nolanfans.com

The Briefcase can still be bought in many shops in Denmark, seems like we have loads of em :D

Forum Pro
Law
The entire movie looks perfect to me, but a scene that really stands out with crystal clear imagery is the scene where Arthur and Ariadne are sitting on the rocks after they got out of the van under water. That, to me is the best quality in any blu ray movie i have ever seen.

I haven't watched the film yet (my brother, who is an equally big fan of Nolan and Inception, wants me to save it for him as a returning home present from his first term at university), but I've watched the trailers, and wow: you can really see the paisley pattern in Robert Fischer's tie in the hotel level...

... and the train. Damn, that train scene in the city looks incredible.

Jonas Agersø wrote:The Briefcase can still be bought in many shops in Denmark, seems like we have loads of em :D
The EURO version?

Are there any plans to re-release this set in America? I just barely missed out on ordering one last month. :(

TheDarkDefender wrote:
Jonas Agersø wrote:The Briefcase can still be bought in many shops in Denmark, seems like we have loads of em :D
The EURO version?
Yep :)

I still have not gotten mine :evil: by the way did you get an email telling you the just shipped to you? because my friend got an email last thursday saying they just shipped it out.