Sedation Plot Hole?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I'm sure someone can answer this for me. Yusef says that he created the sedative to allow the dreamer to wake up when feeling any falling or tipping.

Why doesn't Arthur wake up in the van when it rolls over? He should wake up, shouldn't he??

Anyone?

he is in Yusef's dream while Yusef is on the airplane.

Answered my own question.

Still a perfect movie!

Well howsabout this? Why couldn't Cobb have just had his kids sent to France instead of going though all the dream mumbo-jumbo?

solo2001 wrote:Well howsabout this? Why couldn't Cobb have just had his kids sent to France instead of going though all the dream mumbo-jumbo?
France is still dangerous for Cobb.

solo2001 wrote:Well howsabout this? Why couldn't Cobb have just had his kids sent to France instead of going though all the dream mumbo-jumbo?
He said something about trying to arrange it, but it couldn't work out because, like Chee said, it's still dangerous for him to go there

I always thought about this. The damn answer was right in my face!
Say Girl

jay77snipa wrote:I'm sure someone can answer this for me. Yusef says that he created the sedative to allow the dreamer to wake up when feeling any falling or tipping.

Why doesn't Arthur wake up in the van when it rolls over? He should wake up, shouldn't he??

Anyone?
Well from what I understand, they were too heavily sedated, so Arthur couldn't wake. It has to be a synchronized kick, i.e., there has to be a falling sensation in each dream level at the same time for the dreamers for them to wake up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Honestly? I just think it's because the hallway action scene was so cool. Nolan sometimes sacrifices a little bit of logic if it will lead to a more kick ass scene.

Rob
*goes to grab shooting script*

Cobb: Can you take these back for the kids?

Miles: It'll take more than the occasional stuffed animal to convince those children they still have a father.

Cobb: I know. I thought you could talk to Marie about bringing them on vacation. Somewhere I could meet-

Miles: Why should she listen to me?

Cobb: You were married for twenty years.

Miles: She blames me as much as you.

Cobb: Doesn't she understand that my kids need me?

Miles: Yes, she does. We all do. Go back and face the music, Dom. Explain what Mal did.

Cobb: Be realistic, Stephen. They'd never understand- they'd lock me up and throw away the key. Or worse.

Hope this helps. ;)

[/quote]
Well from what I understand, they were too heavily sedated, so Arthur couldn't wake. It has to be a synchronized kick, i.e., there has to be a falling sensation in each dream level at the same time for the dreamers for them to wake up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...[/quote]

Fair enough. In the beginning of the movie, when the first kick in the film was executed to Cobb, it just occurred in the 1st dream level. That is when he fell onto the bathtub. It doesn't have to be synchronized with the 2nd dream level (the disintegrating mansion of Saito) 'cause they weren't using Yusuf's sedative. That is, they didn't need to deliver a kick in that dream level because the drug they used wasn't that strong - the kick in the first dream level is enough to wake up Cobb.