Nolan wants to make an Inception video game

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
I had the idea of how the game could be.

They have to focus on online multiplayer possibility's like:create your own world and make markers in the city you have
build.and at those markers are vaults you have to unlock,so ya can steal a flag or something like that.But its not easy to get
to those vaults,you will get chased by the dream security.

What do i want to see in the game?

The ultimate online experience:Ensemble your team with online players to steal an object from one other user,
Someone creates a city like ya also can create beaches in 'Far Cry' then the online team has to find the object like papers.But
only the creator knows where he/she has put them in his city maze.

what I think will happen, is that you'll choose what type of character you'll control... for example.. if you are a forger... its more about taking identifies... the point man will have the most action, car chases etc...... Extractor would have the stealth espionage action, etc etc

It has be done well... of course...

but the idea of online teams are great... i can really see something like two teams going for the same Mark...

How about single player GTA style, well sandbox style. there are layers of dreams: first the real world, where everything is normal and you have to go to places etc... then a dream where depending on if it's yours or someone Else's you can do the totem thing to check if you're in a dream, and like in the movie 5 minutes in real world is 1 hour in dream so time is an important thing in this idea.

I think it's only natural to put guns in the game but don't overdo it, like no 30 guns on you at the same time, more like 1 primary weapon and 1 pistol etc... you can earn money by doing jobs for corporations and with that money you can buy training from other people (like have cameos, or secondary characters like Cobb or arthur) they can teach you to dream better weapons etc... you get the idea.

You can also create the dream yourself, like if it's a city you can build the city on your own (an idea is to build them before hand and then use them when you need), with money you can also hire better crew members, like better architects if you don't design yourself etc... (i know i put a lot of etc...)

I'm also thinking that dreams can have weird physics, like some places have no gravity or reversed gravity, like bullets don't work because of the loss of gravity and you have to find alternate routes.

Also, a good idea is to be able to make your own character, and that character can sleep and depending on the storyline or whatever, sometimes you wake up in a dream but the game wouldn't tell you and you have to use your totem, and even if you use your totem, you could be the dreamer but don't know it's a dream or such and others are trying to steal something from you.

So what do you think guys, any feedback is appreciated, I like getting comments on my ideas.

aTbagger wrote:How about single player GTA style, well sandbox style. there are layers of dreams: first the real world, where everything is normal and you have to go to places etc... then a dream where depending on if it's yours or someone Else's you can do the totem thing to check if you're in a dream, and like in the movie 5 minutes in real world is 1 hour in dream so time is an important thing in this idea.

I think it's only natural to put guns in the game but don't overdo it, like no 30 guns on you at the same time, more like 1 primary weapon and 1 pistol etc... you can earn money by doing jobs for corporations and with that money you can buy training from other people (like have cameos, or secondary characters like Cobb or arthur) they can teach you to dream better weapons etc... you get the idea.

You can also create the dream yourself, like if it's a city you can build the city on your own (an idea is to build them before hand and then use them when you need), with money you can also hire better crew members, like better architects if you don't design yourself etc... (i know i put a lot of etc...)

I'm also thinking that dreams can have weird physics, like some places have no gravity or reversed gravity, like bullets don't work because of the loss of gravity and you have to find alternate routes.

Also, a good idea is to be able to make your own character, and that character can sleep and depending on the storyline or whatever, sometimes you wake up in a dream but the game wouldn't tell you and you have to use your totem, and even if you use your totem, you could be the dreamer but don't know it's a dream or such and others are trying to steal something from you.

So what do you think guys, any feedback is appreciated, I like getting comments on my ideas.
i kinda i like that idea.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan wrote:
aTbagger wrote:How about single player GTA style, well sandbox style. there are layers of dreams: first the real world, where everything is normal and you have to go to places etc... then a dream where depending on if it's yours or someone Else's you can do the totem thing to check if you're in a dream, and like in the movie 5 minutes in real world is 1 hour in dream so time is an important thing in this idea.

i kinda i like that idea.
I have already proposed that idea,but with more awesomeness :lol:
bruce_angier wrote:So it would be action,fps/tps,rpg sandbox style of game? :think: :think: :think:
ULTRACOOLSUPERAWESOME :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

[(GTA+Crysis+Metal Gear Solid+Portal+Mafia+Assassins Creed 2)^10]*Brainf...=Mindvaders 8-) :lol:
Sounds better than Inception:Video Game :P
gib sigs

So many great ideas here. Maybe Nolan is secretly stalking these boards to see what people would like the most.

I personally think that the combat should be like Alan Wake, where the use of guns is rare. Maybe the gameplay could be a version of Assassin's Creed-type staying "incognito" to the dreamer. Minus the rooftops. The game has to keep you guessing everytime you "wake up" from a multiplayer match, because it could be part of the other team's plan.

The Animus is the PASIV device in disguise, and what Ubisoft has done with the latest installment, the multiplayer, is a major advancement in innovating multiplayer gameplay. The Inception game should be developed by either: Bioware, Remedy (Alan Wake), Ubisoft, or even DICE (Mirror's Edge).

And if you get stuck in "Limbo" mid-game, then the time difference would be represented by the speed at which you can travel around and build things while the match going on up-above stays in real-time. As you wait for a teammate to save you from Limbo, you will have built yourself your own "place" that you go to every time you die under sedatives, and it's always there.

The graphics don't even need to be that grand, just the stylistic use of sounds and emotive lighting can serve the purpose.
Like, for example, when the you enter a dream, the oscillating sound used when Cobb looks at his watch near the beginning of the film is played. And the different colour palettes used in each level. There should also be plenty of lens effects, like in Amnesia.

Different game modes: Extraction, Entrapment (sending a target to Limbo), Inception, Sabotage (trying to end the other team's plans by waking up and finding where they're sleeping, but you risk being in reality and killing yourself, but you may not be in reality, only a shallower level of dreaming)

Phew, I hope Nolan gets an idea 100x more awesome than anything we can think of!
Abilities: Impersonation (blend into the projections), Forge small objects,

Every time I hear the idea of an Inception game being an MMO I get worried. I'd like something that is both a good single player game and an awesome multiplayer experience. I'm not a big fan of online multiplayer, but if there was a game that could get me excited it would be Inception. I believe that if they did it right it could change multiplayer games in a way Halo did years ago. I like the idea of assembling your online friends into a team to perform extraction missions, and building dreams to share online. It could be awesome. But there has to be a good original story for a single player game as well imho

So what the poop ever happened to this? Is it in development or sumfing?
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:So what the poop ever happened to this? Is it in development or sumfing?
It's apparently in limbo. No pun intended.