Nolan wants to make an Inception video game

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
This could be good as a Psychonauts-style series of extraction jobs, especially as a prequel to the film. Playing through dreams would be an exhilarating experience. I do like that he said: "the world of the film," which indicates that this is not a simple rehash of the movie's plot. I'll be looking forward to this one.

So it would be action,fps/tps,rpg sandbox style of game? :think: :think: :think:
ULTRACOOLSUPERAWESOME :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

[(GTA+Crysis+Metal Gear Solid+Portal+Mafia+Assassins Creed 2)^10]*Brainf...=Mindvaders 8-) :lol:
gib sigs

bruce_angier wrote:So it would be action,fps/tps,rpg sandbox style of game? :think: :think: :think:
ULTRACOOLSUPERAWESOME :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

[(GTA+Crysis+Metal Gear Solid+Portal+Mafia+Assassins Creed 2)^10]*Brainf...=Mindvaders 8-) :lol:
My head just exploded. I feel 15 again.
Say Girl

OMFG :wtf: A drean come true :P

i would get it

I saw this article http://spawnkill.com/2010/09/22/christo ... tion-game/ and went straight to this board to see if there was any news on this or already a thread and i found this thread. Really great news and I kind of trust him in making the game lean into the right direction.

If this is a sand-box type, city bending will be the most fun I will ever have in a video game. :lol:

bLaZe wrote:If this is a sand-box type, city bending will be the most fun I will ever have in a video game. :lol:
Dammit you're right. It should be a sandbox.

What kind of game should it be? An FPS, an RPG for example? A lot of people are suggesting a sandbox, that would be good, but maybe the best thing to do would have a Forge mode, like in Halo 3 (I know many people find it hard but I'm pretty much a pro at that game), that way you can both create the maps and fight inside them.

What'd be really cool is if the city dream, the hotel dream and the snow dream were all multiplayer maps, so instead of 'Domination on Highrise' (Modern Warfare 2) you could get 'Extraction on Hotel'.

JRM
christophmac wrote:What kind of game should it be? An FPS, an RPG for example? A lot of people are suggesting a sandbox, that would be good, but maybe the best thing to do would have a Forge mode, like in Halo 3 (I know many people find it hard but I'm pretty much a pro at that game), that way you can both create the maps and fight inside them.

What'd be really cool is if the city dream, the hotel dream and the snow dream were all multiplayer maps, so instead of 'Domination on Highrise' (Modern Warfare 2) you could get 'Extraction on Hotel'.
The possibilities are just :o

I could picture some very unique online multi-player modes, such as a small group of people teaming up to 'plant' the idea while there are maybe 2-3 times more people playing projections. I'm not so sure how they'll go about integrating this into the game (I'm not a vg designer), but I am sure that in the right hands this could truly be something fantastic and special.