if Heath Ledge could have played Cobb

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
was wondering how much he could have done
no limitation...
and Joseph Gordon-Levitt looks like Heath

Heath wouldn't be good as Cobb. Its not really his kind of film.

steambread wrote:..
and Joseph Gordon-Levitt looks like Heath
Did this really need to be said?

mol
I love Heath, but Leo really did this job well, so I don't think we should talk about other actors to play Cobb... (Feel a bit like when some Heath's fan came to JGL's board and letf some message like "Don't think that you can replace him just because you look like him" :wtf: )

This dream-team is really awesome... Thank you Mr.Nolan for making a film that I love all the characters, and then the cast of it.

Sigh, I think all of Chris Nolan's movies will be forever doomed to this kind of thread. "If Heath Ledger was alive he'd make a good so-and-so".

chee wrote:Sigh, I think all of Chris Nolan's movies will be forever doomed to this kind of thread. "If Heath Ledger was alive he'd make a good so-and-so".
Yep its pretty pathetic.

Jonas Agersø wrote:Heath wouldn't be good as Cobb. Its not really his kind of film.

Uh what? Ledger had tremendous range to do just about anything he wanted. The notion of something not being his kind of film is silly. No offense.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Jonas Agersø wrote:Heath wouldn't be good as Cobb. Its not really his kind of film.

Uh what? Ledger had tremendous range to do just about anything he wanted. The notion of something not being his kind of film is silly. No offense.
I enjoyed Ledger more in his extreme roles, rather than in his more down to earth character roles. Honest opinion. Besides that Ledger would be hard to sell as Cobb because of the huge Ledger fan base that was after TDK. It would remove focus from the character Cobb, and people would see the Joker rather than an independent character with its own character development. You could compare it with a actor like Brad Pitt, great actor (se7en, Babel, Seven Years in Tibet, Twelve Monkeys and Fight Club etc.) huge range in characters, amazing actor. But I would never see him as Batman.
Last edited by Jones on September 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonas Agersø wrote: I enjoyed Ledger more in his extreme roles, rather than in his more down to earth character roles. Honest opinion. Besides that Ledger would be hard to sell as Cobb because of the huge Ledger fan base that was after TDK. It would remove focus from the character Cobb, and people would see the Joker rather than an independent character with its own character development.

DiCaprio is one of the biggest movie stars in the world and a lot of people have pointed out how similar his roles in Shutter Island and Inception were. Ledger's Joker character was behind makeup, meaning he wasn't even recognizable. I don't think it would have been a problem at all, at least not any bigger problem than Leo's famous face and the fact that he played two straight widowers.

Well you can't change my inner picture of a dream-thief and its nothing like Heath. As i just added to my other post:
You could compare it with a actor like Brad Pitt, great actor (se7en, Babel, Seven Years in Tibet, Twelve Monkeys and Fight Club etc.) huge range in characters, amazing actor. But I would never see him as Batman.