How Can You Say Inception Plot Is Stupid?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
PowerDump wrote:"Well yea, this is a Chris Nolan fan forum with a majority of male membership who don't like Twilight purely on the Y chromosome."

I admit I'm biased towards disliking Twilight but I've seen a bit of the first one and the hate can be justified. Here are a few things that can be hated about it, bad acting (even a few girls I knew who really like Twilight agreed), bad writing, and bad special effects.

As for the writing part I don't see how anyone couldn't find it terrible (I cringed so many times just watching a few parts) :batface: .

twilight was :| , new moon was :? and eclipse was :sick: (as a twilight saga books' fan)

The problem with a film like Inception is that it is about interest. Seriously, my dad didn't get it, not because he wasn't smart, but because he couldn't get into the first half of the film of following the story, and this and that, he didn't care about the rules of the world, it just isn't his type of film.

This is how I can say Inception's Plot Is Stupid:

Inception's Plot Is Stupid.

does it make it right?

Yes and No

to you and me, and the rest here at NOLANFANS, we are subjective to a Nolan film, so must of us here are gonna like Inception.

to others, it could be different

movies, like music and other stuff like that is subjective. Only thing that should matter is what you think

I've no idea about American teenagers, but my sister - she's just turned 18 - and her classmates absolutely loved Inception. They thought it was so awesome that we watched it thrice! (as the elder brother, it was my duty to play bodyguard ;-) )
Well, they also hate the Twilight movies (they like the books but feel that the movies were dumbed down versions!), so that must be it.
To be honest, some of them come to watch it purely because they were DiCaprio fangirls, but after one viewing, they were instantly converted into Nolan fangirls! :-)

Rob
Well, let's not pretend we don't know what's going on. People are different. There sure are a lot of teenagers that love Inception and there are a lot of older people with lots of "movie knowledge" that hate Inception. People are different! But it's also true that you have to have some kind of sensivity to enjoy a movie like Inception. And most of the people don't have that. They just wanna fit into a group, be entertained, stuff like that. I don't wanna say that a movie like Inception is for intelligent people - it's rather for people who love digging a little deeper into stuff. Reading between the lines, stuff that goes beyond entertainment.

Rob wrote:Well, let's not pretend we don't know what's going on. People are different. There sure are a lot of teenagers that love Inception and there are a lot of older people with lots of "movie knowledge" that hate Inception. People are different! But it's also true that you have to have some kind of sensivity to enjoy a movie like Inception. And most of the people don't have that. They just wanna fit into a group, be entertained, stuff like that. I don't wanna say that a movie like Inception is for intelligent people - it's rather for people who love digging a little deeper into stuff. Reading between the lines, stuff that goes beyond entertainment.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

@ Rob - You said it, mate! :-)

Rob wrote:Well, let's not pretend we don't know what's going on. People are different. There sure are a lot of teenagers that love Inception and there are a lot of older people with lots of "movie knowledge" that hate Inception. People are different! But it's also true that you have to have some kind of sensivity to enjoy a movie like Inception. And most of the people don't have that. They just wanna fit into a group, be entertained, stuff like that. I don't wanna say that a movie like Inception is for intelligent people - it's rather for people who love digging a little deeper into stuff. Reading between the lines, stuff that goes beyond entertainment.
Excellent. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Never argue with idiots.First they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
gib sigs

Dom
Stupid?
You can say you don't like it, you don't get it, you don't care about it, and no one has a right to tell you otherwise, since it's really a matter of taste. To say it's stupid, however, takes some nerves. :think:
A blockbuster action movie a la Bay or Emmerich has a stupid plot; I don't see how a movie can be referred to as stupid if it requires you to think about it just to get it. :geek:
We used to look up in the sky and wonder at our place in the stars. Now we just look down and worry about our place in the dirt.

Dom wrote: A blockbuster action movie a la Bay or Emmerich has a stupid plot;
It's not even plot sometimes.just a duct tape to join CGI/SFX scenes. :lol:
gib sigs