Ellen Page in Inception

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Guys, am I the only one thinking that Ellen Page did actually a great job as Ariadne? Her acting is great and I think that her character is more of a listener (like a therapist). It's just that it could be more improved, that her character is as great as Alfred in The Dark Knight. Nevertheless, she did a great job.

I agree 100%.

OKAY,I AM PROBABLY THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS SHE SHOULD GET AN OSCAR NOM? I THOUGHT SHE WAS THAT DAMN GOOD. AND SHE IS MY SWEET THANG. PEOLPLE SAY IM BEIN OPTIMISTIC BECAUSE I THINK INCEPTION DESERVES 15 OSCAR NOMS AND DESERVES 12-13 WINS.I THINK HER AND LEO DESERVE NOMS(IN THEIR RESPECTED ROLES),BUT I THINK MARION COTILLARD DERSERVE TO WIN.MY FRIGGIN GOD,WAS SHE PERFECT AS MAL?

"silencio,old man!"-ellen page-juno
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

i just feel that her ability+potential as an architect was a bit wasted in the second half of the movie

but agreed, great acting from Page :thumbup:

thenextnolan wrote:OKAY,I AM PROBABLY THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS SHE SHOULD GET AN OSCAR NOM? I THOUGHT SHE WAS THAT DAMN GOOD. AND SHE IS MY SWEET THANG. PEOLPLE SAY IM BEIN OPTIMISTIC BECAUSE I THINK INCEPTION DESERVES 15 OSCAR NOMS AND DESERVES 12-13 WINS.I THINK HER AND LEO DESERVE NOMS(IN THEIR RESPECTED ROLES),BUT I THINK MARION COTILLARD DERSERVE TO WIN.MY FRIGGIN GOD,WAS SHE PERFECT AS MAL?

"silencio,old man!"-ellen page-juno
Whoa. Caps lock man, take it off.

And no, she doesn't deserve an Oscar nom. She had good acting in Inception but it was nothing special.

I slowly hate the Oscars more and more as the years go by.

It started after The Dark Knight in 2008.

I'd say Ellen Page's role is great, but not Oscar-worthy, the academy is too busy rolling in their mounds of money, staring at photos from 1940s movie to notice good actor.

I think both Cotillard's and DiCap's performances were much better though.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Ellen page too me was great some scenes, the next incredible horrible

#1fan wrote:Ellen page too me was great some scenes, the next incredible horrible
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

She was decent.
I thought she really fit the character.
She wouldn't bullshit with Cobb.
Just cut to the core of him.
Seems like these are the best roles for her.
No more high school roles for her.

Also I'm glad they went with her over someone older looking
Even tho there is nothing in the script to suggest is I think some people would have been saying " Leo and Page's romance just did not work" cuz most movies have somewhat of a love story going on with the lead.

So I liked her.
But an Oscar nod?
No way.
I think Marion Cotillard deserves a nod tho.
She was scary/creepy/sexy/unsettling/tragic all at the same time.
And she wasn't even real!
Say Girl

Yea, Marion deserves the supporting actress more than Ellen.

I don't think Marion will get it either though.