Let's brainstorm here. (spoilers)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.

he caught on to what i noticed about the fight scene

the fighters did not master the gravitational forces, rather they could not fight off the constant change in gravity and become accustom to it

I didn't notice the recurring motif of water in the trailer. Of course, it's too early to tell if it means anything towards the actual film.
talli wrote:he caught on to what i noticed about the fight scene

the fighters did not master the gravitational forces, rather they could not fight off the constant change in gravity and become accustom to it
I had noticed that as well, and that's why I think comparisons to The Matrix are all wrong. In The Matrix, the characters are able to manipulate the world around them, whereas in the trailer for Inception, the characters appear to be simply responding to the changes in the world around them.

Well, it looks like water definitely IS going to be a prominent motif throughout the film.

Water is often symbolic of life, birth, rebirth. Since the film is titled Inception, meaning "beginning" I think that the "birth" aspect is more likely.

Inception sort of reminds me of the early David Cronenberg films, Esspecailly Scanners and eXistenZ (which are great films btw).

dagn96 wrote: Tom Hardy - member of the CEO's team
I don't know if anyone already said what I'm about to say, but I think that quote I just made, doesn't make sense.

In a recent interview Tom Hardy said that he and DiCaprio were fighting all the time. I don't know if someone who you are always fighting is a member of your team!

filipeG wrote:
I don't know if anyone already said what I'm about to say, but I think that quote I just made, doesn't make sense.

In a recent interview Tom Hardy said that he and DiCaprio were fighting all the time. I don't know if someone who you are always fighting is a member of your team!
Play fighting, off camera.

Eternalist wrote:
filipeG wrote:

Play fighting, off camera.
I don't know if it was always off camera.

I don't know if it was always ON camera ;)

Entering dreams sounds sort of inappropriate to me. I mean, dreams are completely random - they may not be necessarily related to the person's real life. A person may dream about just anything. Being able to enter a person's thoughts sounds more logical a thing to happen since it would allow the developer of such an "architecture" to read a person's mind (literally), extract relevant information and maybe even use it to blackmail him to make money. Again it's just "maybe" !!!