so did Paprika plant ideas in Nolan in Inception?

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
ImageImage
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:ImageImage
Nolan is a hack. Confirmed.
Brave New World

DoubleD wrote:ImageImage
No reflection in the Paprika. Looks more like a wall.
Just saying.
gib sigs

If Nolan has confirmed that he saw Paprika before filming Inception, then it's perfectly possible that the 'woman walks over to spot with hand up, touches, and it crumbles' image influenced his set-up of Ariadne's scene. The influence could have been either conscious or unconscious. I see no dishonor in either possibility.

To my mind it's only a creator's use of several non-generic elements from another source, combined with denials that the creator ever saw that source, that is dishonorable.

Ponsonby wrote:If Nolan has confirmed that he saw Paprika before filming Inception, then it's perfectly possible that the 'woman walks over to spot with hand up, touches, and it crumbles' image influenced his set-up of Ariadne's scene. The influence could have been either conscious or unconscious. I see no dishonor in either possibility.

To my mind it's only a creator's use of several non-generic elements from another source, combined with denials that the creator ever saw that source, that is dishonorable.

This is true, but what's interesting is Nolan has confirmed that he has never seen Paprika.

RE.S.T.A.R.S wrote:
Ponsonby wrote:If Nolan has confirmed that he saw Paprika before filming Inception, then it's perfectly possible that the 'woman walks over to spot with hand up, touches, and it crumbles' image influenced his set-up of Ariadne's scene. The influence could have been either conscious or unconscious. I see no dishonor in either possibility.

This is true, but what's interesting is Nolan has confirmed that he has never seen Paprika.
I remember reading an article that he actually saw Paprika and that it helped creating Ariadne character. I'm kinda lazy to search for the article but I'm pretty sure reading that.

Mahiya_Borden wrote:
RE.S.T.A.R.S wrote:

I remember reading an article that he actually saw Paprika and that it helped creating Ariadne character. I'm kinda lazy to search for the article but I'm pretty sure reading that.
It is not true. Check this http://www.twitlonger.com/show/8k73dl