Shared Dreaming Illegal

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
That's true, but I still think you are reading too much into that line. Not that this really matters anyway.

Rob
Well, this is what we got:

There are some legal jobs that involve dream sharing. Cobb had one of those once. After being accused of being a murderer he couldn't do any "official" jobs no more, so he turned an extractor. This is what is illegal, not the dream sharing itself. I think this is it.

^this

Good point. The use is important. I think dream machine is still legal but to kidnap a dude and to plug him to the machine involuntarily is naturally illegal.

extraction/inception is illegal, not dream sharing by itself

Maybe since he was accused of murder, no one can use his service that he provides. In other words if he is a criminal no one will want to use him.

Rob wrote:Well, this is what we got:

There are some legal jobs that involve dream sharing. Cobb had one of those once. After being accused of being a murderer he couldn't do any "official" jobs no more, so he turned an extractor. This is what is illegal, not the dream sharing itself. I think this is it.
But who says that he can't just "navigate peoples minds" as he used to? Just under another name or unofficially as you would put it. Why go to the extreme and start stealing things (ideas).

Maybe no one would hire him for a legitimate job, once they do a background check and find out that he is a fugitive, wanted for murder.

Shared dreaming is not illegal...where did u get that idea?
What is illegal is theft!....('I never taught you to be a thief!')

Not too that Cibb only begins the shady work after Mals death and his flight.

Mr.Hmmm wrote:^this

Good point. The use is important. I think dream machine is still legal but to kidnap a dude and to plug him to the machine involuntarily is naturally illegal.
The kidnappng takes place in a dream...so thats not illegal...
On the plane, drugging Fischer might be sdeen as a criminal act..but hes never aware of it.

jalusbrian wrote:Shared dreaming is not illegal...where did u get that idea?
What is illegal is theft!....('I never taught you to be a thief!')
He started out by "navigating peoples mind" but then something happend, and he couldn't do that legally anymore. Why can't he just illegally (because he is wanted) "navigate peoples minds" who ever said he MUST steal to do what he knows best? So people don't need to get their minds navigated anymore? Now there is only theft?