Cobb Vs Joker: Twin Brothers

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Both of them had the choice of bringing two worlds into collision which will lead only to chaos.. they became totally gray, believing almost in nothing, enormously momentous, greater than their lives, and unbelievably balanced in their own standpoints..
The Joker: had chosen the dark cynical ego, to become a God of catastrophe.. (justice = injustice)
Cobb: had mortgaged his life in order to be haunted persistently by an excessive grieve ( dream= reality), but dragged himself back at the eleventh hour..
The difference: is the same different between a neurotic and an artist as Freud psychoanalyzed b4..
The similarity: two of the greatest characters, authentic performances ever, which acted upon us cinematically..
Ledger and DiCaprio: Salute!, U rock our worlds!..

What do U think?!
:)

DiCaprio as Dom Cobb is not one of the greatest and authentic performances ever. Not even close.

Ledger as the Joker makes the list, DiCaprio, not so much...

The Joker is one of the most incredible villains ever put to page...
Cobb...forgettable.

You want to see DiCaprio do the "ah my wife is tormenting me it's driving me insane!" bit go watch Shutter Island. He's much better there.

Haany, I like your comparison. It's interesting. For these guys you have to remember that Ledger and his Joker are god and no comparison would ever be great enough to, well, compare. No one can even come close as far as they're concerned, but I do get your comparison and it is interesting. Thanks. :)

RomanM wrote:You want to see DiCaprio do the "ah my wife is tormenting me it's driving me insane!" bit go watch Shutter Island. He's much better there.
Eh, his performance in both films are pretty even.

I wouldn't say Cobb is forgettable, simply because Inception is not forgettable, but he's not near as fascinating of a character as the Joker.

Nah, he's actually great in Shutter Island. I'd put that performance up against anything out this year. Doesn't have nearly enough to do in Inception, other than carry the film, though. He does that nicely even though he's not as interesting a character. Otherwise Inception would have been very dead as far as I'm concerned --- with the possible exception of Cotillard. The other characters are ciphers at best, even if they have their moment or two to shine a bit. :roll:

CrazyEight wrote:
RomanM wrote:You want to see DiCaprio do the "ah my wife is tormenting me it's driving me insane!" bit go watch Shutter Island. He's much better there.
Eh, his performance in both films are pretty even.

I wouldn't say Cobb is forgettable, simply because Inception is not forgettable, but he's not near as fascinating of a character as the Joker.
No they aren't even close to even. His character and journey are written a bit better in Shutter Island. He's much more interesting to watch in Shutter Island, there's more to him. He's just that dude who talks about how sad he is in INCEPTION, but in Shutter Island you feel it.

Yeah, I think his performance was more memorable in Shutter Island.

No they aren't even close to even. His character and journey are written a bit better in Shutter Island.
So which is it, "not even close" or "a bit better"?
He's just that dude who talks about how sad he is in INCEPTION, but in Shutter Island you feel it.
And the over simplification of the year award goes to....... "RomanM"! Congrats!
In Shutter Island he plays a psychotic character who has tricked himself into believing that his wife died in an apartment fire, when in reality she killed his children, and then he proceeded to kill her. Along with that false reality he also believes he's discovered a conspiracy theory about the institution on Shutter Island. That's "Teddy Daniels" in a nut shell.

In Inception Dicaprio plays an arguably psychotic character who appears to have trouble with getting a full grasp on reality. He believes that he is responsible for his wifes death because he preformed inception on her while in limbo, therefore she haunts him in his dreams (which happen to be his line of work...). He can't let go of this and it precedes to mentally destroy him until the end of the film, at which point we are made to believe that he is finally over his wife. That's Dom Cobb in a nutshell.
In both films DiCaprio portrays equally disturbed characters well. He delivers good performances in each film, but not great performances. He was not any more plausible as Teddy Daniels then he was Dom Cobb in my opinion.

CrazyEight wrote:
No they aren't even close to even. His character and journey are written a bit better in Shutter Island.
So which is it, "not even close" or "a bit better"?
He's just that dude who talks about how sad he is in INCEPTION, but in Shutter Island you feel it.
And the over simplification of the year award goes to....... "RomanM"! Congrats!
In Shutter Island he plays a psychotic character who has tricked himself into believing that his wife died in an apartment fire, when in reality she killed his children, and then he proceeded to kill her. Along with that false reality he also believes he's discovered a conspiracy theory about the institution on Shutter Island. That's "Teddy Daniels" in a nut shell.

In Inception Dicaprio plays an arguably psychotic character who appears to have trouble with getting a full grasp on reality. He believes that he is responsible for his wifes death because he preformed inception on her while in limbo, therefore she haunts him in his dreams (which happen to be his line of work...). He can't let go of this and it precedes to mentally destroy him until the end of the film, at which point we are made to believe that he is finally over his wife. That's Dom Cobb in a nutshell.
In both films DiCaprio portrays equally disturbed characters well. He delivers good performances in each film, but not great performances. He was not any more plausible as Teddy Daniels then he was Dom Cobb in my opinion.
No one is over simplifying anything and why did you waste your OWN time writing out character descriptions that everyone here already knows? Are you trying to impress me with your writing ability or something? I'm getting at the heart of the matter, the essence of the character. Cobb speaks more than anything. His character in Shutter Island is active, aggressive, and just when you are about to buy into his reality, an event takes place to make you second guess. This film does what films like Memento did oh so well, it presents you with a protagonist whom's reality isn't quite honest.

Leo's character in Shutter Island is presented as a much more troubled soul. He can't even function properly. Leo's character in Shutter Island ain't mentally capable of performing no INCEPTION that's for sure. ;)