Tom Hardy / Eames should have played the lead

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Tom Hardy / Eames had much more charm in this flick that Caprio. Should have played the lead.

leo's character wasn't meant to be charming though.

@#1fan
Disagree. He's just meant to be tortured and trapped. That doesn't exclude charm.

LucindaG wrote:@#1fan
Disagree. He's just meant to be tortured and trapped. That doesn't exclude charm.
how can a tortured and trapped person possibly be charming

Boy I'm glad you're not in charge of casting :lol:

@#1fan
So now I'm trying to think of a tortured/trapped lead who has also had charm. Clooney was tortured/trapped in Solaris but I didn't like his hair in that movie.

#1fan wrote:
Well Bond sort of is, but Cobb isn't that kind of character. Not particularly humorous. Dicaprio certainly has charisma, and this was the first time I saw that in him in some time. No I'm not saying charm and charisma are the same thing LucindaG.

Nope.

Supporting actors needs to have more charm than the main character. We need to relate to the main character, if he is all over the place, we can't relate. Thats why you have supporting actors, to spice it up.

#1fan wrote:

what exactly bars him from being charming? its a personality thing