Tom Hardy / Eames should have played the lead

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
John Hamm?????? Ewwwwwwww...............

I mean I like John Hamm as well as the next person, but really only in MAD MEN where I think it's a case of actor meeting the role of a lifetime. I've seen him in other things and he just doesn't stand out at all. Not nearly the charisma or range of DiCaprio. I know people who can't even stand him in MAD MEN. I actually think he wouldn't have been able to sell Cobb, which isn't the easiest role to sell anyway, or would have been boring in that role. George Clooney or Brad Pitt maybe, but not Hamm. But, really, could he have been nearly as effective at the end of the film as DiCaprio was. That's the emotional payoff, such as it is. I think DiCaprio pulled it off beautifully even if some disagree (there will always be those). He sold it for me. If there wasn't that end, I think I would have thought the film a pretty cold exercise myself.

For those who may want to see Tom Hardy at his goofiest, you may want to rent "Scenes of A Sexual Nature". He can do real comedy.

I think they played the right characters.

ThePointLady wrote:
Bronson is AMAZING!!!!!!
Tom Hardy did not have the lead part in 'RockNRolla' but his scene in the SUV with Gerald Butler on the last night before Tom's character goes to jail is so funny without actually being funny.

villedeville wrote:
ThePointLady wrote:
Bronson is AMAZING!!!!!!
Tom Hardy did not have the lead part in 'RockNRolla' but his scene in the SUV with Gerald Butler on the last night before Tom's character goes to jail is so funny without actually being funny.

yep, im agree! this guy is very talented!